What's new

Replacing SXK to DNA 60 board advice.

If it was me I would try and cobble something together with these:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32807076345.html
I appreciate that, but the trouble is I have limited resources and was for hoping something that was already wired that I could splice into the exist wires on the pcb.

In other words, I don't don't think I could solder either on the switch contacts or the ones on the edge of the pcb, but I could do a splice.

I appreciate that, but the trouble is I have limited resources and was for hoping something that was already wired that I could splice into the exist wires on the pcb.

In other words, I don't don't think I could solder either on the switch contacts or the ones on the edge of the pcb, but I could do a splice.
Fair enough, those tiny switches aren't the easiest to solder, though it is doable and they already have the old solder on so they are pre-tinned.

Is the top membrane lost or do you still have it?

Hopefully @domejunky can advise further or point you in the direction of someone in the US that can help.

@Gsmit1

This is what I use as replacement switches. The flexible PCB can be got from BBV direct, but they're pricey - in the US, try putting the part number into Mouser

Screenshot_20190718-084738.jpg

The exact same switch that's in the BB is included in this set and cheap as f**k with free P&P (bottom right)
I bought a set and just compared them and they are identical.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/7859700
I though £2 for 10 delivered was quite cheap...

I also think the Alps are more likely to survive juice, and are rated for millions of actuations - they're quite a respected name, top end mixing desks use Alps components

Is the top membrane lost or do you still have it?
I have no idea what happened to it. I just went to put it back together and it was gone. I haven't seen it since.

How are you guys mounting these to the housing on the mod?

Last edited:
I messaged SXK recently about 510 keys for the rev 4b and they are sending me 5 of them for 23 bucks shipped DHL.

I sent another message asking about these switches, but haven't heard back yet.

I don't want you guys to misunderstand. I really do appreciate your help. I just don't think I can do a soldering job that small. I don't have the right equipment and I don't have enough proficiency to have confidence that I can do something that small.

Back
Top Bottom