What's new

Replacing SXK to DNA 60 board advice.

Firstly, apologies for the ridiculous amount of posts from me showing in this sub forum, I've actually held off from many other questions lol.

Having received the DNA 60 kit from Martvb60 to fit into the Billet Box with the screen issues, I've had a quick look at the schematics on stealthvape and a look at the board, I think I can work it out but it's always easier with advice from others that have done it.

So ANY help and advice (especially photos) would be very much appreciated, the main power and ground look easy enough as long as I get them in the correct order, it's the underside of the board I'm unsure of.

Amazed I couldn't find anything on the web about it, all I found was a guide to plugging in the external USB board to escribe (Is this actually worth it?)

Thanks in advance.

There is a wiring diagram in the manual

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna60.pdf

What might not be obvious is that the two inner up/down connections are common, so you only need to solder the ground wire from the switches to one of them.

Also be aware of the screen connection - you need to flip the latch before inserting the screen ribbon

Any other questions, fire away

...also

If you have that horrible braided and enameled wire in the SXK, it's worth replacing it. You'll find suitable wire if you strip down an old USB cable.

Be careful of trapping wire behind the fire button plate when reattaching it. I feed a reasonable length of wire round to the front of the board - so that all the switching is connected from the same side

Thanks domejunky

I've come up with the following wiring diagram based on the existing wiring, the only thing I'm confuzzled about is the 'ground out', I see no wire for it, thinking it's internally shared with 10?

You mentioned the +/- button (single wire) share the same ground, so 5 is unused yes?

I'm fine with the screen, got the one that comes with the DNA board and slots in nicely with the lever.

I would appreciate you giving it a once over before I start soldering (or soddering for those that don't know how to say it properly).
Hopefully I'm on the right track and hopefully not made a drongo mistake.

I've included photos of the existing board and wiring.

DNA-Wiring-2.jpg

DNA-Wiring.jpg

DNA-2.jpg

DNA-3.jpg

DNA-5.jpg

Last edited:
Got impatient so stripped it down ready to SOLDer :22:

I have another question, this is the 3rd time I've stripped and cleaned this BB and I'm still finding ejuice in places including the positive battery block, the atomiser has no seal at all, is this correct?

If I get this right I will do a tutorial as I couldn't find the info so hopefully help others.

Here is the BB awaiting it's heart transplant.

DNA-Wiring-3.jpg

Anyone help confirm? soldered the fire button on, fairly confident so i will crack on but will check back before i power it up.

Anyone help confirm? soldered the fire button on, fairly confident so i will crack on but will check back before i power it up.
You can leave the ground unused - it's common with battery negative

Diagram is perfect other that

I've taken to putting a smear of contact adhesive under the positive post insulator - that seems to be where the juice gets in. Not trying to glue it in place, just create a gasket. The SXK positive posts are a lot looser than the authentics (by contact adhesive, I mean the brownish gummy stuff - did it used to be made by Bostik?)

All done and working fine.

Is it worth connecting it to Escribe? I have the USB board sat unused but not really sure what DNA will add?

All done and working fine.

Is it worth connecting it to Escribe? I have the USB board sat unused but not really sure what DNA will add?
I'd update the firmware, flip the screen. Tweak the battery cut off maybe. If you're into TC, I'd lower the pre-heat wattage...

Back
Top Bottom