What's new

Recommend me my first mech!

ZeroBass87

Postman
I'm looking at getting my first real mech (I have a couple of squonkers - kanger DripBox and Aspire Feedlink - which are kind of regulated) as I recently borrowed one for a weekend to try from a mate, and really enjoyed the simplicity of it.
So I'm looking at getting one as a permanent addition to my ever growing collection.

I know my ohms law and safety issues regarding batteries, and I always build around 0.4-0.5 ohms in general anyway.

I have Samsung 25rs and LG HG2 batteries ATM, next order will be for some VTC5As from Fogstar as these are fairly well regarded.

So, either true mech squonkers or tubes, what do you guys reckon?

I have around £80ish, and would prefer a matching RDA if tube style. A good clone is always a choice too

For a good starter mech sqounk try the Hugo Vapor Squeezer it can take 18650/21700 and its about £20. Personally I would go for a mosfet model but...

Awesome, I'll check them out later. Cheers folks :)
Now to convince the wife I'm not gonna blow anything up

Squonker wise... World is your oyster. Loads of fantastic mods about and, if you look on a few Facebook groups, your £80 will buy you a mint mod that would have been closer to £200 brand new.

Squonk market has died off fairly recently and alot of very nice devices going for dirt cheap.

Just to give you an idea, saw a Fyne Mods Mech Squonker. Black walnut and over £160 when new, one of only 8 ever made and guy wanted £75 for it!!

If you want a cheap mech tube to ease yourself in... Think I have a sterling silver Dogecorn 22mm tube with a matching Doge 22mm RDA somewhere I'd be willing to let go.

Cough cough - Brass Endless Clean and bitses in the classies.....cough cough....:54::54::54:

Some tubes come with a wee plastic sleeve to protect the battery to add some safety, they're good to have. It'll come down to personal preference, I lucked out with my first few mechs and got a couple of really good ones - SOI comp X and the Endless Clean. but I went thro a few clones, some good and some gash, but I learned what I like as a swtich, hand feel, all hte wee things that make a tube feel finest kind for me.
So, youtube some reviews, read up on here, see what you like the look off. If you do go for a tube that takes the 20 or 21700 just use the big cells, apparently you get a fair bit of less power output when you use the 18650 adaptive sleeve....

Any Q's do please ask away on here!!!!

Back
Top Bottom