What's new

Post your mechanical pics!

Interested to read your thoughts on the passage @speedfreek67 . Had mine for a couple of weeks and finding it just a bit mehhhhh. Tips on coil height and position relative to the airholes would maybe make all the difference.
After playing with my passage for a while (ooerr missus!) I found having the coil tops in line with the top of inside space in the posts, and as far out as I dare without them shorting on the airflow cap to be the best place. This way the honeycomb airflow comes in beside and underneath them.

IMG_20191113_224624.jpg
IMG_20191113_224659.jpg
IMG_20191113_224753.jpg

I had the same height, maybe not as far out on each side though, something to try, cheers :) What diameter are they?

I had the same height, maybe not as far out on each side though, something to try, cheers :) What diameter are they?
Another tip is to rewick, then put the outer cap on and run your tweezers inside drawing your cotton away from the airflow, to make sure it doesn't obstruct any of the airholes.

(Lucky you got me on a night I was due a dry burn, quench, and rewick!)

Edit: I'm using 3mm ID 24g Brochrome. Came out at 0.23 ohms.

IMG_20191113_230635.jpg

Another thing to love about the forum, doesn't matter how experienced you are, still stuff to tweak to improve your setups :) I'll give it a go in a while and let you know if it improves.

UPDATE: Seems I'm using the same gauge of Brochrome and it ohms out almost the same, with fresh coils placed as you show and wicked similarly I'll admit it is better now. Not quite as good as the Drop for flavour on the same juice but getting there, might rip a wrap out tomorrow to get it down to my sweet-spot of 0.18-0.20 range as I like it slightly warmer. Suspect that'll bump up the flavour a bit too. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aye, not quite the version I was hoping for but it took long enough to arrive, we'll see what they say on the ticket...

I was after the one I showed you from the German review with the normal recessed button, instead they sent me the style with the locking feature. No biggie in the grand scheme of things as it has a copper plate to connect to the battery instead of the brass one, so swings and roundabouts. It's taken since October to get here so I should just be content it's finally here I guess.

Just a wee update to my post above, locking mechanism was doing my head in, constantly moving around so I epoxyed it and now I have the recessed version I wanted in the first place, so still using the Titan with my adjustments, cracking mod.

IMG_1704.JPG

Back
Top Bottom