What's new

Post your mechanical pics!

Oh very nice! 65 bucks delivery! I only paid about that for my MCM second hand! Hope you don't get stung for import taxes as well. Beautifully made mods though, pictures when you get it please :)
Of course dude. Take it easy

Black Kennedy Vindicator and matte black Drop Dead RDA

CB602EE4-8AF6-4B94-BAFD-6CDB196949AC.jpeg

Oh very nice! 65 bucks delivery! I only paid about that for my MCM second hand! Hope you don't get stung for import taxes as well. Beautifully made mods though, pictures when you get it please :)

As promised guys not great pics but okay...haven't given it a blast yet, gonna disassemble and clean up, do a series build and go!

50745146_378923836243708_124179989997289472_n.jpg

50620546_382963928931414_388177082628177920_n.jpg

Watching Knucklehead cleaning vid and for the button contact (when a clean is needed) he recommended a nail buffer block? thoughts anyone?

As promised guys not great pics but okay...haven't given it a blast yet, gonna disassemble and clean up, do a series build and go!

View attachment 183769
View attachment 183770

Watching Knucklehead cleaning vid and for the button contact (when a clean is needed) he recommended a nail buffer block? thoughts anyone?
Nail buffer would be a last resort for me. Using one regularly would strip silver/copper/brass coating over time. If it's not coated then obviously it would be less of a problem.

Back of a mouse mat is very popular but my fave is using a rubber (no not that type, a pencil rubber!). It removes tarnishing and arc marks with ease. [emoji12]

Nail buffer would be a last resort for me. Using one regularly would strip silver/copper/brass coating over time. If it's not coated then obviously it would be less of a problem.

Back of a mouse mat is very popular but my fave is using a rubber (no not that type, a pencil rubber!). It removes tarnishing and arc marks with ease. [emoji12]

After using a rubber, can I apply some metal polish then buff off from the fire button contact?

After using a rubber, can I apply some metal polish then buff off from the fire button contact?
I tend to use a fibreglass pen, would be interested to hear if @tobywonkanobi thinks that's too abrasive too.
@Louay - yeah of course. My way isn't necessarily the right way, just what works for me. After polishing mechs (and buffing) I always use a bit of Servisol Super 10 which is a "switch contact cleaning lubricant". Maybe it doesn't make much difference but feels like it does help conductivity. I just use a bit on the threads and the contacts. [emoji16]

@John R - again, if it works for you without any problems stick to it. I think using it all the time would eventually wear down the metal, but I don't know, maybe that would take like 50yrs.

I personally polish all the tube (including threads and contacts) with polish, buff it all off, clean with isopropyl, then use the Servisol 10. I use a rubber on the contacts in between cleans just as and when it needs it.

Works for me, but everyone has their own routines (mods in food bags filled with ketchup etc etc). [emoji16]

@tobywonkanobe can I ask how you clean the threads of the 510 connection on your mods, always found it a bit of a PITA

Back
Top Bottom