What's new

Panel movement on sxk billet box.

guy

Postman
I received my sxk BB and vapesnail today. Whilst I'm really happy with the vape it gives me, the panel on the tank side clicks whenever I pick it up. I wouldn't say it's loose. There isn't much up and down or sideways play but when touching either top corner it clicks to the point it is actually annoying. Is there any fix for this? Is it worth ordering replacement panels?

I received my sxk BB and vapesnail today. Whilst I'm really happy with the vape it gives me, the panel on the tank side clicks whenever I pick it up. I wouldn't say it's loose. There isn't much up and down or sideways play but when touching either top corner it clicks to the point it is actually annoying. Is there any fix for this? Is it worth ordering replacement panels?

I had the same problem with mine i had to dremel a line in the door across from the bottom plate on the snail to stop it wobbling. you can see it in this pic under the second b

20200804_192815.jpg

I had the same problem with mine i had to dremel a line in the door across from the bottom plate on the snail to stop it wobbling

Interesting as it did only do this when I put the vapesnail in. Wouldn't know where to start with getting this done! Thanks though mate. Its put my mind at rest that I didn't recieve a dodgy mod.

Interesting as it did only do this when I put the vapesnail in. Wouldn't know where to start with getting this done! Thanks though mate. Its put my mind at rest that I didn't recieve a dodgy mod.

I tbought the same thing until i did that line then no more movement. i guess its just the way they made the snail as i havent heard anyone with the og version having this problem with there one and as for doing it maybe something like a kitchen knife and just dig it out about at a time if you don't have something like a dremel or a drill

I tbought the same thing until i did that line then no more movement. i guess its just the way they made the snail as i havent heard anyone with the og version having this problem with there one and as for doing it maybe something like a kitchen knife and just dig it out about at a time if you don't have something like a dremel or a drill

Thanks bud. Just seen a dremel drill on amazon for £20. Will give it a go. Really appreciate your comments.

Thanks bud. Just seen a dremel drill on amazon for £20. Will give it a go. Really appreciate your comments.

No worry's if i can help i try my best lol and if you get one the sanding barrel is what i used the smallest one in the box. start near the middle and work your way back to the edge abit at a time

I have the og one and it’s fine with the standard billet panels but I have a set of aftermarket panels that have a slight bit of movement in them when using the snail, the doors are clear so when you try and move them you can see they are touching on the bottom edge of the snail, no movement with the same panels when using a standard boro tho, if you look at the snail vs standard boro, it’s thicker at the bottom as it doesn’t have the cut out for the glass to slide down, which is what is causing the door not to fit flush and move abit when using the snail...

I had the same problem with mine. I found which corner was too high and used thin superglue, one drop on the offending magnet at a time until it was fixed.

If you try this, you have to do it slowly, letting each drop cure and seeing if it works. This way you can slowly build up layers of glue.

Back
Top Bottom