Vape Superstore
What's new

Ohm’s for 21700 Mech Mod?

CloudMasta69

Initiate
Oi vapelords how ya doin. So i have this stacked mech mod from overlord with 2x 21700 batteries which i run at 0.3 series coils.
Now ive done that now for a few months and feel like the vape is too strong, so im basically going to just use one half of the mod which is a single 21700. Obviously having tried 0.3 build on it doesnt work and is too much resistence.

So for you experienced guys, i want a flavourful build which isnt too strong. Would you guys recommend the typical 0.1 build or would that basically be just as strong as a 2x 21700 0.3 build? Would 0.15 work on a single 21700 or would it be too weak?

Appreciate all answers!

The Electronic Cigarette Company
One 0.3 ohm build is not the same as another 0.3 ohm build. A 0.3 ohm build built for a 7.4 volt setup won't work well on a 3.7 volt setup, but an 0.3 ohm build built for a 3.7 volt setup, will.

What's more important is what 3.7 volt build better suits the deck, the chamber and the airflow.

I would recommend a single coil setup, myself. A smaller chambered atty.

As for build, it all depends on what your coils are made of, in order to acheive that 0.3 ohms. A Kanthal 0.3 coil will be massive, with slow ramp up, an SS 0.3 ohm build will have less mass and be far more feisty, and an Ni80 coil sits in between.

Why on earth are you messing with stacked mechs when you don't understand the basics of coil material affecting ramp up or heat flux? What you are looking for is a vape at a comfortable temperature for the atty you are using, at 3.7 volts. It will entirely depend on how you vape and the RDA you are using, what the build will be, and you didn't mention that important part.

Sorry if I sound blunt, but people who don't know what they are doing with mechs can give vapers a bad name by having accidents.

So, what RDA is it?

Last edited:
AcmeFog
One 0.3 ohm build is not the same as another 0.3 ohm build. A 0.3 ohm build built for a 7.4 volt setup won't work well on a 3.7 volt setup, but an 0.3 ohm build built for a 3.7 volt setup, will.

What's more important is what 3.7 volt build better suits the deck, the chamber and the airflow.

I would recommend a single coil setup, myself. A smaller chambered atty.

As for build, it all depends on what your coils are made of, in order to acheive that 0.3 ohms. A Kanthal 0.3 coil will be massive, with slow ramp up, an SS 0.3 ohm build will have less mass and be far more feisty, and an Ni80 coil sits in between.

Why on earth are you messing with stacked mechs when you don't understand the basics of coil material affecting ramp up or heat flux? What you are looking for is a vape at a comfortable temperature for the atty you are using, at 3.7 volts. It will entirely depend on how you vape and the RDA you are using, what the build will be, and you didn't mention that important part.

Sorry if I sound blunt, but people who don't know what they are doing with mechs can give vapers a bad name by having accidents.

So, what RDA is it?
im using the rda that came with it. I dont feel like i need to be an expert vapor to be able to get a mech mod. If it’s widely sold and i can purchase it, i will. I just need some advice and tips. Ive had mech mods for years but just havent bothered researching anything and had my builds built for me by others. So little advice without any shame would be really nice lad.

Unfortunately you are asking a question only you can answer - what is too much and what is too tame and you mention you are using 21700 batteries., but not WHICH 21700 batteries.

If you are using 35 Amp Samsung 30Ts than you can go as low as 0.12 Ohms without exceeding the limits. 30 Amp Molicel 42a 21700s are good for 0.14 Ohms and there are many 25 Amp 21700s that shouldn't be used with builds below 0.17 ohms in single battery mechs..

Personally I try to aim for 0.15 Ohms builds with dual Ni80 coils and Samsung 30T batteries, below that gives a vape that I find too hot, above that a little too cool when the battery is below half charge - but I really don't know what temperature vape is going to be ideal for you.

Nobody is trying to shame you, they just don't want you to get into a bad place with venting batteries. Mechs aren't forgiving and chemical burns aren't fun.

Vape Club
Unfortunately you are asking a question only you can answer - what is too much and what is too tame and you mention you are using 21700 batteries., but not WHICH 21700 batteries.

If you are using 35 Amp Samsung 30Ts than you can go as low as 0.12 Ohms without exceeding the limits. 30 Amp Molicel 42a 21700s are good for 0.14 Ohms and there are many 25 Amp 21700s that shouldn't be used with builds below 0.17 ohms in single battery mechs..

Personally I try to aim for 0.15 Ohms builds with dual Ni80 coils and Samsung 30T batteries, below that gives a vape that I find too hot, above that a little too cool when the battery is below half charge - but I really don't know what temperature vape is going to be ideal for you.

Nobody is trying to shame you, they just don't want you to get into a bad place with venting batteries. Mechs aren't forgiving and chemical burns aren't fun.
Thank you mate. Im using samsung 30t. I was also thinking about getting some 0.15 build which sounds like a sweetspot. Would you recommend fused clapton or aliens?
And i know nobody is trying to shame me but i wasnt born an expert and neither was he. We all learn as we go and i just feel like a mech mod suits me more than a regulated one. I like the raw power and i would like to learn how to control it too. Thats it.

Thank you mate. Im using samsung 30t. I was also thinking about getting some 0.15 build which sounds like a sweetspot. Would you recommend fused clapton or aliens?
And i know nobody is trying to shame me but i wasnt born an expert and neither was he. We all learn as we go and i just feel like a mech mod suits me more than a regulated one. I like the raw power and i would like to learn how to control it too. Thats it.
Buy a mod with a potentiometer in it.

Vape Green
Im going to move this thread to the mech section as we dont want the younger generation getting ideas.

I think you will find that the members only have your best interests and safety at heart. weve seen some close calls over the years.
worth a looksy https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44149281

just seen id already posted the warnings of the link John posted above.

Last edited:
Premier Ecigs

I don't push the limits with mechs and find 5 wrap Ni80 dual 26 core/36 outer wrap fused Claptons with an internal diameter of 3mm work out at 0.15 Ohms a pair. These are safely inside the limits of what a 30T can handle - and they are easy to find in tubs of 10 from Coilology/Vandy Vape/Wotofo etc. I prefer not to go much lower than 0.15 but if you find you need a little more power Ni80 quad 28 core fused claptons are relatively easy to find and generally are in the 0.13 ohm ballpark for a pair of 5 wrap 3mm internal diameter coils. Obviously glowing them and checking the resistance on a regulated mod is essential to make sure the resistance is what you are expecting and to check for hard shorts.

Personally I don't use Aliens, however, they may be good for you - I can't say as I don't really use them.

Ni80 coils are fine for my purposes, but there are others Ni60/Ni90/SS316L, and it is worth while researching a little into how they ramp up, heat flux etc (as @speedfreek67 said above) as Ni80 may not be the best for you.

About which RDA you're using, that was a pretty important question as they are all different - I'm assuming its either a 24 or 25mm dual coiler, but if its a 28 or 30mm with lots of airflow the dual 26 gauge Ni80 fused claptons I mentioned could be too small. Is there a name engraved on the bottom of the RDA? Failing that a pic would be useful if yoiu don't know what it is.

Back
Top Bottom