What's new

Not another patina job.....

the_atomic_fart

Achiever
Oh yes!

Finished the jobs around the garden and was a bit of a loose end. Lovely day, I'll patina that stacked broadside I thought to myself, the clear coat will give a touch more grip than polished copper. It might stop me from trying to remove my front teeth with it when taking a toot.

Didn't have as much ammonia as I thought, nor a good strong vinegar. This was made with salt, Coleman's mint sauce and some slightly hairy tomato puree I found in depths of the fridge.

Turned out kinda meh. I'm not overly enamoured with the result, but hey, horses for courses. I thought I'd bang up some photos all the same.

Almost has a burr wood-esque appearance.....

20180507_152612-2.JPG 20180507_152644-2.JPG 20180507_152713-2.JPG 20180507_152732-2.JPG 20180507_152837-2.JPG 20180507_152938-2.JPG

Oh yes!

Finished the jobs around the garden and was a bit of a loose end. Lovely day, I'll patina that stacked broadside I thought to myself, the clear coat will give a touch more grip than polished copper. It might stop me from trying to remove my front teeth with it when taking a toot.

Didn't have as much ammonia as I thought, nor a good strong vinegar. This was made with salt, Coleman's mint sauce and some slightly hairy tomato puree I found in depths of the fridge.

Turned out kinda meh. I'm not overly enamoured with the result, but hey, horses for courses. I thought I'd bang up some photos all the same.

Almost has a burr wood-esque appearance.....

View attachment 159667 View attachment 159668 View attachment 159669 View attachment 159670 View attachment 159671 View attachment 159672

Looking good bud :)

Yep, as easy as that. Even after applying the clearcoat you can wash it off again with acetone and fine wire wool. Polish up the metal, hey presto, back to shiney metal!
Sweet thanks mate I'll get some clear coat ordered and find out what else I need and have a go at it [emoji5]

Sweet thanks mate I'll get some clear coat ordered and find out what else I need and have a go at it [emoji5]
It's pretty good fun, never really know what the end result will be. As already said, if you don't like it then it's simple enough to remove and have another crack.
Post up the photos of the results.

It's pretty good fun, never really know what the end result will be. As already said, if you don't like it then it's simple enough to remove and have another crack.
Post up the photos of the results.
I'll definitely post pictures but it won't be for a while as I don't have 1 thing I need [emoji23]

Back
Top Bottom