What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

new to mech help

Vapen00b47

Postman
im fairly new to mechs and just want to check that a 0.14 (each coil is 0.28) dual coil at 30 amps is safe. the battery is a 20700 from fogstar. usually i dont go bellow 0.15. thanks for your help.

@Simon G 30 amps but dont worry i scrapped the coil. the ohms were jumping around and no matter what i have done they wouldnt stop. gonna try again with a new set of coils.

@Simon G 30 amps but dont worry i scrapped the coil. the ohms were jumping around and no matter what i have done they wouldnt stop. gonna try again with a new set of coils.

OK, but be careful, there's nothing 'safe' about it ... especially if the resistance isn't stable.

OK, but be careful, there's nothing 'safe' about it ... especially if the resistance isn't stable.
its my first time building on this drop rda. most of the rdas i own are very diffrent to build on. also whats the lowest i should go on a 30 amp cell?

ok so now im really confused. i have put 2 coils in the drop each coil is rated at 0.34 ohms. my own reader is saying together they are ohming out to 0.12. that is definitely not right. they should ohm out to 0.17. are they this low because i clipped the leads? please no one tell me about how dangerous mechs are. i fully understand the risks and that is why im trying to minimise the risk by being carefull.
cheers for your help

Are the coils made from Ni80 and if so have you bedded them in and removed all hotspots etc?

They need to be bedded in on an ohms reader or regulated device before they settle down, otherwise they will read low.

i think it may be an issue with the drop itself. i didnt have this issue before though.

Back
Top Bottom