What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

New mech mods section

In a relatively short time I've progressed to making my own coils etc and get a lot of pleasure and satisfaction in doing so. I would expect to progress? To trying a mechanical mod next, but I am fearful of the destruction that may cause to my limbs and good looks. You may laugh, but all my fears have stemmed from comments that I read on here.
" I won't sell you this until I've checked your thread history"
"for expert users only"
"I don't want you losing half your face"
That type of thing makes me think using a mech is like playing with a hand grenade, and maybe it is, so then I think why bother trying something that is fraught with so much danger?
Then I see what I think are folks asking sensible questions in relation to buying a mech mod only for them to be told "if you have to ask the question you shouldn't be buying a mech"
Is it any wonder that there is so much terror surrounding the use of mech mods?

It is not mechs as such that are scary, though a degree of respect for what can happen in the worst case scenarios is important.

What is scary is idiots who buy a mech with no understanding of battery safety and ohms law.
Over my time on the forum there have been some really scary posts involving batteries with over inflated ratings being used, coils that are too low in resistance and coils not being checked for resistance or shorts. For this reason I am one of those who will tell people that if you have to ask the basic questions, you should not be using a mech yet.

I am very much of the view that the time for doing the homework is before you put a coil anywhere near a mech. A week or so doing a bit of reading and video watching and all but the intellectually challenged could handle a mech safely.

If you are not an idiot (The trouble is most idiots are unaware) and do your homework, you should be fine.
As I said earlier, do not expect to get a better vape, though you might (or might not) find some esoteric satisfaction from achieving your vape from a simpler device.

Having recently dipped my toes in to the world of mechs, albeit squonking, I read many posts regarding battery safety, ohms law etc & felt comfortable enough to try a mech squonker. I never went stupid low on reg devices so felt comfortable to make the step. Good quality batteries (VCT5A as these seemed to be a go to), build coils around what I already used (0.3-0.5 ohm) & I was good to go. What it has done for me is make me explore builds, wire types, even juice I wouldn't entertain in a tank.
As others have said, common sense is the key.

A dual parallel box with low build in a good airy dripper is vaping nirvana for me. I like this new sub forum :2thumbsup:

Way too much health and safety bollox going on lately, I like to think of it as natural selection. If you blow yourself up, you won't be having any kids and muddying up the gene pool with your dumb ass dna.

Back im the day this was my mech collection, still got a few memi's and the rep of Memi Queen :D

Yes, sundays was my day of building and rewicking my kit.

Funny, but I still only like building for mechs and not my regulated gear.

The kraken was my fave tank!
1972251_1381035772172025_788141330_n.jpg

Hi all, I am looking for a cheap mech tube, something like a Smpl, problem is I have 22mm and 24mm rda' sin silver and gold colour, I like matchy matchy too though

Hi all, I am looking for a cheap mech tube, something like a Smpl, problem is I have 22mm and 24mm rda' sin silver and gold colour, I like matchy matchy too though

What style of vaping? A lot of mechs made for MTL vaping aren’t ideal for subohming (the other way round is fine).

Clones? Authentics? Or a few suggestions for each? Just a little more info would be handy. [emoji12][emoji16]

What style of vaping? A lot of mechs made for MTL vaping aren’t ideal for subohming (the other way round is fine).

Clones? Authentics? Or a few suggestions for each? Just a little more info would be handy. [emoji12][emoji16]
Sorry, I should have had more info, sub ohming, between 0.2 and 0.8 really, clones are fine as long as decent quality, I mix it up, from a druga in silver which is 24mm and a Kennedy trickster gold plated 24mm to a velocity 22mm in silver, i previously used a 22mm Smpl tube for my velocity and druga but couldn't live with the overhang with the druga, got rid of my mechs and been using regulated dual 18650 mods but lately I have been hankering after a mech again, want to keep it simple with a single 18650 tube though, but I also want to be able to swap my rda's and it not look too silly, like I said I like matchy matchy

Back
Top Bottom