What's new

New Ephro 22mm Mech

I’ve been experimenting with low resistance builds and low power in mtl setups. It’s quite interesting, and has made me realise I’m not sure I fully understand the relationship between power and voltage.

I’ve been experimenting with low resistance builds and low power in mtl setups. It’s quite interesting, and has made me realise I’m not sure I fully understand the relationship between power and voltage.

Well the power is determined by the voltage and resistance. If you have a fixed voltage you can adjust the power via changing the resistance. Think of it like resistance being a tap and voltage is the water. Power is the speed the water flows. The lower the resistance the more you open the tap and the faster the water flows. Raise the resistance and you close the tap off and reduce the speed of the water and lower the power.

Aye That much ininderstand, what I’ve confused myself about is the drainage on batteries. Which determines how quickly
batteries will drain, voltage or power?

Aye That much ininderstand, what I’ve confused myself about is the drainage on batteries. Which determines how quickly
batteries will drain, voltage or power?
Batteries are rated and measured in amps or milliamp hours (mAh) and drain is determined by amp draw. The higher the amp draw the higher the drain and vice versa.

Batteries are rated and measured in amps or milliamp hours (mAh) and drain is determined by amp draw. The higher the amp draw the higher the drain and vice versa.

So that’s determined by power (w), rather than voltage?

For example, I have the doggy out with me today, with a 0.4 ish build at 7w and 1.7v. Will the battery drain be the same as it would at 7w with a higher resistance coil and much higher voltage? Or will it be less?

For example, I have the doggy out with me today, with a 0.4 ish build at 7w and 1.7v. Will the battery drain be the same as it would at 7w with a higher resistance coil and much higher voltage? Or will it be less?
So with that build you're drawing 4.25 amps.

If you raised the resistance to 0.8 you would now need 2.5v to provide the same amount of power 7w. But this new build will only draw 3.1 amp. So higher voltage but the same power and reduced current / amp draw and slower battery drain.

So with that build you're drawing 4.25 amps.

If you raised the resistance to 0.8 you would now need 2.5v to provide the same amount of power 7w. But this new build will only draw 3.1 amp. So higher voltage but the same power and reduced current / amp draw and slower battery drain.

Ah ok, so the low power low resistance setup will actually drain the battery more quickly? I tried this out after reading about the aio eco, which apparently uses low power, low resistance to mitigate battery drain. Is the aio eco based on a flawed idea then?

Back
Top Bottom