What's new

New Doors.

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks to the ingenuity of @Cdr_Shep several of us were introduced to a company that is based in Italy that makes Hybrid doors for Billet Boxes. I was taken with what I saw and ordered a set and sat back and waited. I have loved some of the Doors offered by the Friendly Flipper etc, but realistically couldn't afford to spend ridiculous sums of money. So, when these appeared, I thought I'd give them a try?

The Face of the Panel is Cork that has been sealed, these have then been stuck on to a G10 Panel, so there will be no warping etc. I admit, I had slight misgivings about how successful these would be, but they arrived this morning and I have to say, they are exceptionally good for the reasonable sum I paid.
HOWEVER............... IF you use a Case or leather sleeve for your BB, these may not be for you. Because the Panels add quite a bit to the width of your Box.

The Cork makes these extremely tactile and offer grip, so for me, that makes them a winner.

As you can imagine and perhaps see............ Because of the depth of the Panels, your standard Firing Button is quite recessed. Now that causes me no problem at all, but a Concave Button would be worth considering should you dislike the idea of a recessed Button. :)

Thanks to the ingenuity of @Cdr_Shep several of us were introduced to a company that is based in Italy that makes Hybrid doors for Billet Boxes. I was taken with what I saw and ordered a set and sat back and waited. I have loved some of the Doors offered by the Friendly Flipper etc, but realistically couldn't afford to spend ridiculous sums of money. So, when these appeared, I thought I'd give them a try?

The Face of the Panel is Cork that has been sealed, these have then been stuck on to a G10 Panel, so there will be no warping etc. I admit, I had slight misgivings about how successful these would be, but they arrived this morning and I have to say, they are exceptionally good for the reasonable sum I paid.
HOWEVER............... IF you use a Case or leather sleeve for your BB, these may not be for you. Because the Panels add quite a bit to the width of your Box.

The Cork makes these extremely tactile and offer grip, so for me, that makes them a winner.

As you can imagine and perhaps see............ Because of the depth of the Panels, your standard Firing Button is quite recessed. Now that causes me no problem at all, but a Concave Button would be worth considering should you dislike the idea of a recessed Button. :)
Do you have a link for the company that makes these, they look great.

Snap on the Dober box Rob!

Mine came today too! (See photos)

I think they look great. Perhaps a little rough around the edges, but then so is my Billet. I think I’ve done pretty well recreating the photo from the first post where I asked you guys about these. :D

More to your point about the width of the panels, if I remember right you went for flush magnets, where as I went with recessed. Maybe you can see in my second picture that my Billet doesn’t appear as wide as yours. Something to bear in mind for people looking to purchase these, or similar panels. (I did see some cool glow in the dark ones they had for sale hahaha)

I’ll definitely be cross posting a review to their Etsy site, I think these guys (or maybe singular girl) are worth supporting!

Attachments

• 63497ABD-3B44-4F91-AED7-4CCE852B5C8F.jpeg
    63497ABD-3B44-4F91-AED7-4CCE852B5C8F.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 64
  • 2115890E-7B3E-40F5-B18B-7FC817B59C53.jpeg
    2115890E-7B3E-40F5-B18B-7FC817B59C53.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 58
  • D1A50824-6268-4610-B3B9-B461342E4902.jpeg
    D1A50824-6268-4610-B3B9-B461342E4902.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 65
Could well be @Cdr_Shep but............ Mine ended up coming with the recessed Magnets :)

Could well be @Cdr_Shep but............ Mine ended up coming with the recessed Magnets :)

Ah! Have you made sure they’re sitting properly? My button side panel isn’t sitting quite properly in the bottom left corner, so I’m going to file it down a little. However if you’re fine with how they are then probably best not to mess with them too much!

I have a convex button on mine, so it’s not an issue for me, but I’d like it to be perfect haha

Cork! That's an unusual material but man is it pretty. Presumably pretty bomb-proof as well, so good for butter fingers like me.

Back
Top Bottom