What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

new billet box :) couple of questions

syks

Initiate
Hi peeps, im very lucky in the fact my wife bought me a authentic billet box the other day :) im not usually into clones but I picked up a sxk xeta to go in it and so far it hasn't leaked and the vape is great, I could really do with a couple of spare boro tanks and was wondering if the sxk ones will fit fine in the billet? and are they good quality?

Also will all the sxk bridges fit in the authentic boro? as im thinking of getting the vapeshell to see what its like before I can afford the authentic and also the bridge for the euc coils

One more question, I LOVE my billet box so much I am thinking of buying another but this time the sxk dna60 to use as a beater while fishing etc as I don't want to damage my authentic, the only thing im a little worried about is im not sure whether the positive pin area on the sxk is as juice tight as on the authentic? does juice get into the board after time on the sxk?

Thanks

Hi peeps, im very lucky in the fact my wife bought me a authentic billet box the other day :) im not usually into clones but I picked up a sxk xeta to go in it and so far it hasn't leaked and the vape is great, I could really do with a couple of spare boro tanks and was wondering if the sxk ones will fit fine in the billet? and are they good quality?

Also will all the sxk bridges fit in the authentic boro? as im thinking of getting the vapeshell to see what its like before I can afford the authentic and also the bridge for the euc coils

One more question, I LOVE my billet box so much I am thinking of buying another but this time the sxk dna60 to use as a beater while fishing etc as I don't want to damage my authentic, the only thing im a little worried about is im not sure whether the positive pin area on the sxk is as juice tight as on the authentic? does juice get into the board after time on the sxk?

Thanks

Yes all the boro’s are the same size and fit, some say quality is now different but you can tell
The authentic has a much better fitting rubber seal - on old clones I had i had to spend 20 mins getting it back in regularly but never had to do it on an authentic

All atties, clone or real will fit and work no problem

There is a thread on here about juiceproofing the sxk’s not too hard to do with the right tools

Thanks for reply, im not what you would call a "handy man" lol and im a ham fisted bugger, I had a look at the thread about juice sealing but think I would be a tad nervous to do that myself, even to the sxk as its still not what I would call a cheap mod,mmmmmm maybe I will have to have a good think about the sxk billet.

Great to know all bridges will fit in both types of boro.

Thanks again for the reply :)

The sealing of the pin is a lot easier than it looks, the last 2 I have done you don't even need to remove the screen side.

I just think I may mess it up, honestly, if you knew me you would understand, ask my wife hahahaha is it really necessary to seal the pin? will it defo break at some point if I don't?

Thanks

I just think I may mess it up, honestly, if you knew me you would understand, ask my wife hahahaha is it really necessary to seal the pin? will it defo break at some point if I don't?

Thanks
It depends on how often you clean it out but there is little to no sealing in the pin and housing so juice easily gets inside and follows the wires to the board, 1 I stripped down even had eliquid inside the negative battery compartment.

MTL seems to cause more condensation that DTL also.

Though there have been users that haven't sealed the pin and lasted ages without any problems.

Thanks, will have a good think before I buy one then, thanks again :)

Thanks, will have a good think before I buy one then, thanks again :)
I've been using one for a while with no issues. Condensation with the Xeta is almost non existent so little chance of damage. Only likely to happen if not enough wick & juice leaks through airflow.

Great information in this thread.
Just to show I'm not exaggerating, here's a crude video of me opening and sealing the new SXK translucent boro I got recently. After swapping in the black gasket, which worked on the first try though the stock red one was just like this too. Doesn't leak a drop. I wish I knew for sure they were all like this now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom