What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

New BB - looking for some tips

Tried with a bit more wattage this morning but didn’t improve, if anything less vapour and flavour.

for ref, coil is sitting at 0.72 ohms. SS316.

will keep tinkering and might try reducing down to just a little higher than in wattage mode and see what effect that has on the vape.

Tried with a bit more wattage this morning but didn’t improve, if anything less vapour and flavour.

for ref, coil is sitting at 0.72 ohms. SS316.

will keep tinkering and might try reducing down to just a little higher than in wattage mode and see what effect that has on the vape.

Sounds daft but it maybe you are using to many watts and the temps being hit before the coil even heats. I had this ages back and it was something that had me stumpped for a while, is it a spaced coil? they work better forSS on a DNA chip . ss316 isn't the default on the mod it is ss316L . the difference in ss wire maybe the reason. You may have to use escribe to get the correct wire profile or maybe their is a firmware apdate available. I know it's a lot to contemplate but if none of those work all i can suggest is rebuild the coil use a different wire with a preloaded profile on the mod.

Sounds daft but it maybe you are using to many watts and the temps being hit before the coil even heats. I had this ages back and it was something that had me stumpped for a while, is it a spaced coil? they work better forSS on a DNA chip . ss316 isn't the default on the mod it is ss316L . the difference in ss wire maybe the reason. You may have to use escribe to get the correct wire profile or maybe their is a firmware apdate available. I know it's a lot to contemplate but if none of those work all i can suggest is rebuild the coil use a different wire with a preloaded profile on the mod.

Thanks, have just dropped wattage down to 20w and everything is much better - on a par with wattage mode without the risk of dry hits. Thanks!

Will take a look in escribe to see how the changes have affected the curve but I suspect that the high wattage was causing the problems as you said.

It’s also good to know that the 316 profile loaded is for 316l though.

As always POTV delivers great advice

Good rule of thumb is to add around 20% to the wattage you'd use in non TC mode. Don't get too bogged down with resistance though. For SS anything 0.3+ will work at whatever temp you set. Lower than that & the resistance change is harder to detect as SS changes are relatively small.

Good rule of thumb is to add around 20% to the wattage you'd use in non TC mode. Don't get too bogged down with resistance though. For SS anything 0.3+ will work at whatever temp you set. Lower than that & the resistance change is harder to detect as SS changes are relatively small.
Thanks

I think the problem was that I’d added 100% to the wattage. Was set to 30+W and have now come down to 19w and all much better. In wattage mode I’m vaping at 17.5ish.

The vape is pretty much identical now in terms of flavour and vape production so I’m pretty happy. Might fiddle a bit more to see if I can optimise but feels like this advice and crusty’s has sorted out the problems.

I should probably go an look at some overpriced panels, buttons and trip tips now, right?

@onion these words are also wise words, The SS stuff i was trying to remember some of it as i typed, was missing the post by @nwhornet using a 0.7 coil iirc, your in the zone for whatever temp you set, using 17.5w in TC mode is similar ie plus 20% the 20% is there for that milisecond as a boost or to compensate to create the set temp. but again not long enough to measure.
One thing now is, Temp control is like Marmite, you will either love it or hate it, it is farely complicated to begin with, but similar to being able to ride a bike ie you will get it right from set up if not with a tweek like todays. I hope you continue to enjoy it

@onion I have them coils in 3 different devices all in temp mode, all are at different settings..... it's just the way it goes, play about with it until you get a decent vape adjusting the temp n watts.

@crustyfolker I think the only thing I need to look into this evening is the preheat settings in escribe? I think they’re still set at default so it’ll be putting max or much higher wattage through.

Worth setting this around wattage + 20% too?

It sounds like you maybe there now then :2thumbsup:, upto you how you want to tweek it but ffs write down everything and store in escribe files just incase you need to retrace or restart.

Back
Top Bottom