What's new

New BB - looking for some tips

onion

Achiever
Had my bb along with a vapesnail for about a week now, also had a bit of a play with escribe and been through a few different builds trying to get the best flavour. Tonight’s build seems to be the best so far, I’m using a coilogy premade Clapton coil and I seem to have struck it lucky with the wick. All seems good, flavour is better than it has been but I’ve bumped into a few issues over the last week and thought I’d see if I can get some pointers on really getting the best out this bit of kit.

First thing I’m looking for is a bit of a process when putting a new coil in. Detection seems to be a bit flaky - sometimes it asks if it’s a new coil and other times it hasn’t. Am I missing something to trigger this?

In power mode do you tend to lock your resistance? I notice that the measured resistance climbs as I’m having a vape, is this going to be affecting anything? The thing is, I can’t lock resistance at the coils actual ohmage as by the time I’ve hit the fire button five times it’s usually ticked up from the cold resistance. Resistance in TC mode stays the same and reads at the coil resistance.

Re TC mode:

am I right to think around 420f is the sort of temp to get the best flavour out of the juice?

and wattage should be set higher than I’d normally use so that the mod has the power to balance everything nicely?

It’s been a while since I’ve had a mod with anything other than VV so it’s taking a while to get used to everything!

upload_2020-12-2_22-18-15.png
@onion

Haha! I’m game. The tinkering is doing my wife’s nut in the though!!
Ive not gone down the rabbit hole.. I like cloudy rta's too much
Not much help I know. But you've got lots of knowledgeable people on hand to help out. They will be along soon.

Ive not gone down the rabbit hole.. I like cloudy rta's too much
Not much help I know. But you've got lots of knowledgeable people on hand to help out. They will be along soon.

I like the variety, I used to have a little MTL setup but lost it so this is the replacement. My cloudy tanks are great but not so good to use all day as I fill the house up with vape!

Had my bb along with a vapesnail for about a week now, also had a bit of a play with escribe and been through a few different builds trying to get the best flavour. Tonight’s build seems to be the best so far, I’m using a coilogy premade Clapton coil and I seem to have struck it lucky with the wick. All seems good, flavour is better than it has been but I’ve bumped into a few issues over the last week and thought I’d see if I can get some pointers on really getting the best out this bit of kit.

First thing I’m looking for is a bit of a process when putting a new coil in. Detection seems to be a bit flaky - sometimes it asks if it’s a new coil and other times it hasn’t. Am I missing something to trigger this?

In power mode do you tend to lock your resistance? I notice that the measured resistance climbs as I’m having a vape, is this going to be affecting anything? The thing is, I can’t lock resistance at the coils actual ohmage as by the time I’ve hit the fire button five times it’s usually ticked up from the cold resistance. Resistance in TC mode stays the same and reads at the coil resistance.

Re TC mode:

am I right to think around 420f is the sort of temp to get the best flavour out of the juice?

and wattage should be set higher than I’d normally use so that the mod has the power to balance everything nicely?

It’s been a while since I’ve had a mod with anything other than VV so it’s taking a while to get used to everything!

TC mode. set your wattage at the max if you wish. The temp control should now be used to get a consistent vape. What happens is the coil hits desired temp quickly then the watts are lowered and highered by the chip to maintain the temp. Your wattage will act as a boost for milliseconds till coil hits desired temp. basically if you vape the same coil at a wattage that isn't enoughto fire up the tc won't come into play and you get sod all off a vape. most of mine has been 220-240 centigrade using 40w. 0.5 coil in the Subtank rba.
The other thing could be the juice flavour. an example here Pancakeman vape it at 40w no tc you get maple syrup mainly, move up to a 70 plus watts and the strawberry and cream comes into the flavour. Remember your wattage isn't an issue as long as it is high enough to fire up the chip will control the wattage from then. I hope that makes sense, fire away if you need to ask more.

I don't remember my BB ever asking if I've put a new coil in tbh. And I'm still struggling with the tc aspect too, guess I need to read up a bit more on the evolv chip. I'll be following this thread with interest.

I don't remember my BB ever asking if I've put a new coil in tbh. And I'm still struggling with the tc aspect too, guess I need to read up a bit more on the evolv chip. I'll be following this thread with interest.

Interesting that you’re having a similar experience with TC. I’m wondering if it’s just a different type of vape but I’m getting much better flavour from wattage mode.

hopefully someone will be along to school me on my errors!

Back
Top Bottom