What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Messing about with inners

Mawsley

Putting the soup into super hero
So I received some inners today,

The plating on one piece is too thick, preventing the inner from slotting in above the DNA. Happened to anyone else? How'd you solve it?

My plan is to take a jewel file to the outside of the plate and chamfer it along the bottom edge all the way around. If anybody else has any other bright and less invasive ideas I'm all ears :)

I fitted one yesterday, it was very tight but I managed to press fit it in though heaven help me when I try to get it out again, that said I shouldn't need to as I have fitted a new DNA board and sealed the connection pin.

I fitted one yesterday, it was very tight but I managed to press fit it in though heaven help me when I try to get it out again, that said I shouldn't need to as I have fitted a new DNA board and sealed the connection pin.
There’s the rub. Pretty sure I could pressure it in - but that’s render it a permanent fixture, and I’m not up for that. Reckon I’ll pop to the garage now to break out the man tools :D

Good call, but scratch test the underside first, if it's chrome plated then I wouldn't advise sanding as it will flake eventually, if it's polished Stainless Steel then happy days.

Good call, but scratch test the underside first, if it's chrome plated then I wouldn't advise sanding as it will flake eventually, if it's polished Stainless Steel then happy days.

Well, even with taking some metal off, it still cantilevered the panel - so that was a bum rush. And the switch inner...or me trying to push the DNA cover on...fucked the switch. So now I have a dead BB. Happy days!

Are you okay fixing it? give me a shout if you need help, also post a photo with the cover off.
Not really. :D I’m more of a hammers and torque bar kinda bloke - I don’t have the patience for soldering. Pretty convinced I forgot to remove the button when first trying to get the DNA inner on. Totally my bad. There’s no play in the fire button at all.

Plus once the gold inner was on the DNA switches would no longer depress. All round this was a total fuck up. Chalking this up to experience; can’t dwell on it.

Can do the pic once home. Think it may have to go in a box till I have cash to throw at it.

If you want me to try and fix it send it over though @domejunky would likely have more knowledge / advice and parts.

Been trying to buy some fire switch assembly, I ended up buying some of the tiny switches that go inside the membrane but that's as far as I've got, if it just a simple soldering job all is good.

Not really. :D I’m more of a hammers and torque bar kinda bloke - I don’t have the patience for soldering. Pretty convinced I forgot to remove the button when first trying to get the DNA inner on. Totally my bad. There’s no play in the fire button at all.

Plus once the gold inner was on the DNA switches would no longer depress. All round this was a total fuck up. Chalking this up to experience; can’t dwell on it.

Can do the pic once home. Think it may have to go in a box till I have cash to throw at it.
Is the plate stuck in position. There's very little play between the button and switch, might just need reseating...

I can supply/fit a new switch if needed

Back
Top Bottom