What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Mech switch seems hit & miss

Rordog17

Postman
I've been enjoying my Tauren mech for the most part. Using 30ts at 0.14. What's really bugging me is even after freshly cleaning the threads every now & then it won't fire or it won't hit as hard as usual. I'm taking the battery out every time & it's always cold. I dont think it's ramp up as it will sometimes do it after a few drags. I know the design of the taurens switch is abit out of the ordinary. Is their a chance its not always making a good contact for some reason. No arcs in sight. Has anyone else had this problem with a tauren? It's getting abit tedious constantly checking the battery in fear of a short. On the flipside this batterys are ace. They're always stone cold even after a cheeky chain vape. Sorry to bore you with an essay. Any clues would be appriciated

they've got a replacement button for it, may be worth contacting them about it, due to the rattling , may be a symptom of that?

I get the occasional time where it doesn't fire, but just releasing the switch and pressing again seems to sort it

Thanks il have a look into that. My charger is scratching up the negatives quite bad. Maybe that's ruined the contact. Gutted if it has cos I thought I was away not left my side since I got the stuff

There's just no way of getting the batterys out withought scratching them. Does anyone know if scratched will mess up the contact ?

Can you post a picture of the scratches? Small scratches on the terminals are OK. What's not OK would be any damage to your battery wrap.

Have you opened the switch of the Tauren? There are four small plates inside. When put in correctly they will form a small indention in the center to cradle the ball. Check to see that the plates are flipped right side up. When you reassemble the switch screw in the terminal all the way.

I've taken the button apart & it was black from the arcing underneath given it all a clean now. Started using the ceramic tweezers to get the batterys off the charge now but wish i thought of it straight away. I wonder if I can give the negatives a fine sand to give it a better contact? Can't seem to find anything online about it & don't want to pester mooch again. Thanks for the replies anyway peeps much appriciation.

Oh & the tauren has enough wiggle room for double wrapping the batterys for peace of mine of anyone wants to know

Back
Top Bottom