What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Mech squonk low resistance build (0.08)

fergjacko

Initiate
Hi all, new to POTV so will have to bare with me! Been vaping a few years now finally converted over to RDA's a few months back and haven't looked back!!

Now my question is on my new geekvape Athena I have acquired some anarchist competition wire (20gauge) made 5 wrap coils and at dual are coming in at 0.08ohm.

I only use Sony vtc5's and have purposefully bought a new set. Any advise or tips from some of you guys on here? Am I safe at this resistance with a vtc 5 for short hits?

I understand the type of question I am asking is a bit of a pain but any advise would be a big help, vaping will be harder for me if I lose some fingers!

I have attached a couple of pics (I think...) FYI. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give and sorry for the long post also sorry if it is in the wrong place! [emoji4]
1528187602421.jpeg
1528187621412.jpeg

Your pulling 52.5 amps from a 25 amp batery you will get seconds before it vents if anything goes wrong like a stuck button

That’s super dangerous dude. Please don’t use this! Your holding a potential grenade. If your going to use a mech mod you really need to have a thorough understanding of ohms law and battery safety before even thinking about using it. I really can’t stress just how dangerous what you are doing is.

Mooch rates those batteries at 20a and warns anything above this carries a high chance of venting at worse, or degradation of the battery.

I won’t tell you the resistance that is safe for that battery, as you need to look at and understand ohms law for yourself before even considering using your mod, please do. But if you absolutely are insistent on doing so, please check again before using it. The build your considering will be drawing 52ish Amps on a full battery which is quite frightening. Honestly mate, you should just put it away, and get yourself a regulated mod, until if/when you have done some considerabl research around ohms law/battery safety/shorts etc.

I hope you have a good dentist cos way your going you will need him very soon.

Take note of this FOR G-D SAKE
tapatalk_1512843480777.jpeg

That’s super dangerous dude. Please don’t use this! Your holding a potential grenade. If your going to use a mech mod you really need to have a thorough understanding of ohms law and battery safety before even thinking about using it. I really can’t stress just how dangerous what you are doing is.

Mooch rates those batteries at 20a and warns anything above this carries a high chance of venting at worse, or degradation of the battery.

I won’t tell you the resistance that is safe for that battery, as you need to look at and understand ohms law for yourself before even considering using your mod, please do. But if you absolutely are insistent on doing so, please check again before using it. The build your considering will be drawing 52ish Amps on a full battery which is quite frightening. Honestly mate, you should just put it away, and get yourself a regulated mod, until if/when you have done some considerabl research around ohms law/battery safety/shorts etc.
Thanks for your reply mate. After seeing everyones responses my heart is sinking from the on and off use it had yesterday! I agree with you I prefer my regs (on a smok mag with dead rabbit images attached).

What's your opinion on the competition wire (obviously with much more wraps....)? Only ever really used Clapton
1528197634380.jpeg
1528197672436.jpeg

Noted! My heart sank as I read your message after being on and off it for the last day or so....

Chalk it down to experience.
Unless you know exactly what your doing and what your batteries are capable of, dont go stupid low with your builds.

I hope you have a good dentist cos way your going you will need him very soon.

Take note of this FOR G-D SAKE
View attachment 162487
Hi Joe, there is no need for sarcastic comments, I joined this forum expecting to get some useful advise from experienced vapers not comments like that. Bit let down by a lot of you on this forum to be honest

Back
Top Bottom