Having a look on www.knuckleheadvapes.com since they do some decent clones

Last edited:
Here’s my mech set up:

SMPL Tube
22mm Troll V2 RDA
Build: 6 wrap, 24 gauge kanthal that ohms out at 0.19 - 0.20

View attachment 185683

Having a look on www.knuckleheadvapes.com since they do some decent clones
Try changing your wire from kanthal to ni80/brochrome - you'll get much better performance at the same resistance due to quicker ramp up time of ni80, and better battery life because of that. Loved my SMPL clone back in the day, was my first mech. Paired it with a Derringer clone and it was a tiny wee setup :) I went looking for a SMPL+ recently, the follow up to the original - slightly taller but with a better switch, couldn't find any for sale :( I'd love a genuine SMPL but the world is utterly awash with clones so would be difficult to verify authenticity, hence I went looking for the +.

Aye, Seconded. Get some lower resistance wire in that atty. Flattened Ni80/Brochrome is the wire to go with. OK slightly lower ohm coils but far better ramp up and tastiness!!

Now wheres my smpl clone hiding....

I thought you'd chucked in the mech-scene @EmbraSewerRat , good to see you still knockin' around :D
Swings and roundabouts. When I have time they are peachy keen, but being a lazy sod......
And the dog likes to 'help' with tube cleaning..... canine saliva is not a good lube for switches.....:17::17::17::17::17::17:

I'm finding the 20S has breathed new life into my 18650 mechs, happily vaping away on the broadside today :D

Think I maybe able to pick up some Ni80 wire at Vaperound in town or just order some of Amazon.

Go ballz out and do the brochrome, you'll not regret it, loving my 24awg.

Back
Top Bottom