What's new

Looking at getting a mech mod.

I'd also go for something with an insulated battery compartment, something like the Broadside which also has a lovely switch and a low vdrop.

As mentioned already, @workshyfop has a fair few mechs up for sale and is a top bloke to deal with to boot - he has a couple of Advken Mad Hatter kits that would be an ideal starter mech set up. Yes it's a hybrid top cap but comes with a matching RDA that is hybrid friendly so you'll be safe on that front, and all for the princely sum of £12.50 delivered! Most on here will say not to use a hybrid as your first mech, but my first mech was an SMPL clone and like you, I had done my homework, and I'm still here to tell the tale!

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...-hatter-kits-noisy-cricket-smpl-clone.155512/

One thing I would add is stick to your Samsung 25r as a minimum for mech vaping, or buy some Sony VTC5a (best battery available for mechs)

As mentioned already, @workshyfop has a fair few mechs up for sale and is a top bloke to deal with to boot - he has a couple of Advken Mad Hatter kits that would be an ideal starter mech set up. Yes it's a hybrid top cap but comes with a matching RDA that is hybrid friendly so you'll be safe on that front, and all for the princely sum of £12.50 delivered! Most on here will say not to use a hybrid as your first mech, but my first mech was an SMPL clone and like you, I had done my homework, and I'm still here to tell the tale!

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...-hatter-kits-noisy-cricket-smpl-clone.155512/

One thing I would add is stick to your Samsung 25r as a minimum for mech vaping, or buy some Sony VTC5a (best battery available for mechs)

Great shout! All excellent advice. Oh, except the VTC5A bit. Apparently the new vapcell 18650’s are the current fave with the silly builds brigade. [emoji12]

Last edited:
Great shout! All excellent advice. Oh, except the VTC5A bit. Apparently the new vapcell 18650’s are the current fave with the silly builds brigade. [emoji12]
Just been reading up on the vapecell 18650 and it's pretty much equal to a VTC5a which is the only battery I use though I lime to try a VTC6a when it comes available. Not sure why people suggest 25r's coz I find they hit noting like a Sony I'd rather use a VTC4

I could do with some new batteries so will get some good branded ones.

For the price, LG HB6's all the way! Cheap as chips and charge in no time at 2amps!
Only downside if you're a heavy vaper then you'll need a bandolier of them to keep you going when out of the house![emoji23]

Hi all back again.
OK 1st of all I got new batteries. 25r 30q and vct5a as my current ones needed replaced. Mech I have to start me off is the phantom using it with the 510 connection.
I do have question regarding what wire I should use for mech use. I'm looking for flavour over clouds and with the vast array of wire types not sure what to get.
I shall be experimenting with dual and single coil builds but want something with good ramp up time.
I'm also on the hunt for a single coil rda for flavour so appreciate all your suggestion on this and what wire would be best suited.

Cheers apes.

Hi all back again.
OK 1st of all I got new batteries. 25r 30q and vct5a as my current ones needed replaced. Mech I have to start me off is the phantom using it with the 510 connection.
I do have question regarding what wire I should use for mech use. I'm looking for flavour over clouds and with the vast array of wire types not sure what to get.
I shall be experimenting with dual and single coil builds but want something with good ramp up time.
I'm also on the hunt for a single coil rda for flavour so appreciate all your suggestion on this and what wire would be best suited.

Cheers apes.
Brochrome all the way, have it in all my mechs now

Back
Top Bottom