What's new

Looking at getting a mech mod.

deadone

Postman
Hi all. Would appreciate some advice on getting my 1st mech.
Been vaping for around 14 months and now ciggy free and would love to get a mech. I'm a little put off by what you see and here regarding them but I have done my homework on everything I need to know regarding safety. I would of course start safe with my builds etc and use the required battery needed.

What are you suggestions and thoughts
I like the style of something like the geekvape Tsunami Mech Kit but as for mech mods in general I'm not sure what would suite best as a beginner

Regards
Mick

Any single 18650 will do if you build low I would say a parallel battery mech and plz stay authentic to support the real people that made and designed the mod and not the fakes

I would say do it, work well within the safety parameters, and if you are lucky enough to have a friendly local helpful mech head hold your hand through your first build like I had @EmbraSewrRat it definitely helps the confidence!
They aren't that scary once you know what you're doing, but defo need to be approached responsibly.
Go head over to the classies, @workshyfop has a load of shiny tubes that need a new home!

Ohms law ...make sure you know it and batteries limits and people think that with mechs they can go as low as possible..NOT TRUE!
Heres something to read and look at;

tapatalk_1512843480777.jpeg

Once you get it right theres no better vape in my opinion

Thanx all. I would consider myself a mature vaper and safety is my main concern. As for builds I'm usually around the 0.2 to 0.4 range. Again batteries I use are 30q and 25r and always get them from Fogstar. I have a ohm reader of which I'll use to test 1st but the choice of mechs is wild.
I Def think I'd like to start with a single 18650 style tube styled.

Seems like you’ll be fine with a mech. [emoji106]

There are a lot of mechs with some safety features, things like having a 510 connection instead of hybrid, having a delrin or similar internal tube so that any nicks in your battery wrap wouldn’t end horribly etc etc.

But... safety is always down to the user so to a degree get whichever you like.

Budget is always a factor. If you want a bargain I’d go for the limitless mech, I’ve had one for at least a couple of years and it’s still great (https://www.fasttech.com/product/6150601-authentic-ijoy-rdta-mod-kit-w-limitless-rdta )

Or you may want a clone to start with, maybe something like the broadside clone (https://knuckleheadvapes.com/search?q=broadside ). It doesn’t have a hybrid top so you can use pretty much any tank of dripper with it, and has a super smooth switch system. Knucklehead Vapes have a great reputation for good quality clones.

If you plan on spending a bit more than that, then vaperz cloud mechs are all great in my opinion, as are any SOI (and in particular the original Subzero shorty that they make).

In all honesty you can go for any mech you like the look of, as long as it’s suitable for low builds. A lot of old mechs were made to vape above 0.4 or even 1 ohm. Just take your time when setting up, making sure all contacts and threads are clean, have a good look at the switch, dismantling and putting back together to see how it works, and most importantly maintain it well.

Please keep us updated, I’d be interested to know what you go for. And obviously if you need any more advice, be sure to ask. [emoji108][emoji16]

Going off what you've said I'd say with only vaping for a short time you seem to have your head screwed on so yes you'd safely be able to use a mech but if you have never built coils before yes you can buy some amazing coils from builders like Smut or Darkside coils but I always say wrap simple ones first yourself for practice for using on a regulated mod, I say regulated coz that will warn you if something is wrong when you fire it.

Tubes I'd recommend would be any with a 510 connection like Vapers Cloud X1 or bjboxmods broadside mech, both authentic are reasonable priced which will last you a life time. You could go for a clone that's entirely up to you if so ask about who does a good one.
Or look at the Reuleaux RX Machina you'll get that at a good price and it comes as a set I think.

Thanx all for all the tips. I shall look at all the suggestions you posted and to be honest I'm probably going to start with a 510 styled connection. I shall look around and see what's about. I don't mind spending the cash for it but as I have never used one before to choices out there are immense

Back
Top Bottom