What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Looking at getting a authentic billet box

IMG_2576.png

IMG_2577.png

I have one and the ohmvape version and find both way better than a bb. there much lighter and and feel better in the hand and look way better aswell no faffing about with bridges except the dotshell and the best bit is the price. the dot is around £75-80 or the se version is around £45-50 and the ohmvape is way cheaper at around £20 then you can buy the dotshell for around £35 if you dont mind a clone and you can still personilise it with different doors and buttons

I have one and the ohmvape version and find both way better than a bb. there much lighter and and feel better in the hand and look way better aswell no faffing about with bridges except the dotshell and the best bit is the price. the dot is around £75-80 or the se version is around £45-50 and the ohmvape is way cheaper at around £20 then you can buy the dotshell for around £35 if you dont mind a clone and you can still personilise it with different doors and buttons

All this great information... makes my choice more difficult now hahaha

After that big post above I’m definitely off the authentic bbv. I’ll go sxk ...
If you're referring to mine, to be clear, I'm not disparaging Billet Box Vapor or discouraging the purchase of the authentic Billet Box at all friend :)

They did invent it after all and it is universally recognized as a top shelf, top quality device. I was merely attempting to report the reality of the situation as I see it.

A further complicating factor is that the whole Billet Box... thing... seems to be quite polarizing. People generally either turn into enthusiastic devotees or wind up selling it in a month or two. They either love it.... ...or not.

It's tough to spend several hundred USD on a system and then find out it isn't really your thing. On the other hand, if you put a used BB up for sale, even at the original price (and sometimes more) you'll barely have your finger off the mouse button and people will be clubbing each other to death to get at it first. Unless it is just stoopidly overpriced or badly damaged, used BB stuff sells almost as soon as it's offered. That goes for clones too btw.

The biggest factor when considering a first Billet Box is expectations and attitude. It must be taken for what it is. For most people it won't instantly sweep all their other gear into dust gathering obsolescence. Unrealistic expectations and impatience in learning how it all works accounts for many who abandon it too from what I've seen.

Last edited:
If you're referring to mine, to be clear, I'm not disparaging Billet Box Vapor or discouraging the purchase of the authentic Billet Box at all friend :)

They did invent it after all and it is universally recognized as a top shelf, top quality device. I was merely attempting to report the reality of the situation as I see it.

A further complicating factor is that the whole Billet Box... thing... seems to be quite polarizing. People generally either turn into enthusiastic devotees or wind up selling it in a month or two. They either love it.... ...or not.

It's tough to spend several hundred USD on a system and then find out it isn't really your thing. On the other hand, if you put a used BB up for sale, even at the original price (and sometimes more) you'll barely have your finger off the mouse button and people will be clubbing each other to death to get at it first. Unless it is just stoopidly overpriced or badly damaged, used BB stuff sells almost as soon as it's offered. That goes for clones too btw.

The biggest factor when considering a first Billet Box is expectations and attitude. It must be taken for what it is. For most people it won't instantly sweep all their other gear into dust gathering obsolescence. Unrealistic expectations and impatience in learning how it all works accounts for many who abandon it too from what I've seen.

Thank you .. I was originally anti clone and was only hunkering for a authentic bb... but as you and others have stated it may not be my cup of tea... so on information provided by all at potv I’m going to dip my toes in the bb world with a sxk 60e dna Model.. I’ll still keep my current devices in rotation but I will make a positive attitude to understand and use the bb as intended with all the available bridges ... once I’ve seen what the bb world is about and if it fits my needs and expectations I may in the future purchase a authentic bb and then put the sxk up for sale to help other prospective bb buyers that will be in the situation I am in now regarding the clone or authentic route .. I will also advise as I have been advice to take the clone as a tester and if you still really want a authentic give the clone a good try before you spend hundreds of $’s to only find out that it’s not your dance ..

Thank you so much for all your help.. I’ve come across 2 sxk’s in the classys that I’m very interested in... just waiting until pay day next week to purchase one and start my little adventure hahahh

Thank you .. I was originally anti clone and was only hunkering for a authentic bb... but as you and others have stated it may not be my cup of tea... so on information provided by all at potv I’m going to dip my toes in the bb world with a sxk 60e dna Model.. I’ll still keep my current devices in rotation but I will make a positive attitude to understand and use the bb as intended with all the available bridges ... once I’ve seen what the bb world is about and if it fits my needs and expectations I may in the future purchase a authentic bb and then put the sxk up for sale to help other prospective bb buyers that will be in the situation I am in now regarding the clone or authentic route .. I will also advise as I have been advice to take the clone as a tester and if you still really want a authentic give the clone a good try before you spend hundreds of $’s to only find out that it’s not your dance ..

Thank you so much for all your help.. I’ve come across 2 sxk’s in the classys that I’m very interested in... just waiting until pay day next week to purchase one and start my little adventure hahahh

It all comes down to budget and personal preference, I have a keen eye for detail, so don't do fakes as it would bug the life out of me...but that's just me and I need to be comfortable, sure originals are expensive but probably only about a months worth in fags.

It all comes down to budget and personal preference, I have a keen eye for detail, so don't do fakes as it would bug the life out of me...but that's just me and I need to be comfortable, sure originals are expensive but probably only about a months worth in fags.

I was like that but I’ll try sxk then go authentic if it’s for me I’ll spend the cash if not I’m not 300+ down ?

I was like that but I’ll try sxk then go authentic if it’s for me I’ll spend the cash if not I’m not 300+ down ?

Sure thing fella, it's the way to go for you.....hope you like it, it's the form factor that wins for most folks, BB's were invented a biker who wanted to just pull out an all in one and vape in a compact form that fitted in a jacket, I have and still use my BB rev3

Back
Top Bottom