What's new

LINK'D RBTA

Smokeandsteam

Achiever
Anyone got one of these? Is it a worthy challenger to the Vapesnail? I’m really tempted to try to hunt one down but I’ve seen very little feedback on it.

If this is anything to go by it’s a fiddly build. I was surprised to see the need to add cotton to bing up the holes

All I've seen about it is good reviews from the die hard wickd fans, and all the YouTube who can't set it up..

Roa Mia off the wickd Facebook group posted how to wick it, and it has to be perfect or it leaks

To me I think its a bit of hype as usual with billet box stuff

All I've seen about it is good reviews from the die hard wickd fans, and all the YouTube who can't set it up..

Roa Mia off the wickd Facebook group posted how to wick it, and it has to be perfect or it leaks

To me I think its a bit of hype as usual with billet box stuff

Thanks Taz, I’m going to watch the Group build tutorial tonight. I’d be interested to hear of anyone who has actually got one (unlikely I know, as nobody seems to have) and how it compares to the Snail...at the moment I tend to think you are right about the hype and that getting one isn’t going to be worth the effort or the expense....

Thanks Taz, I’m going to watch the Group build tutorial tonight. I’d be interested to hear of anyone who has actually got one (unlikely I know, as nobody seems to have) and how it compares to the Snail...at the moment I tend to think you are right about the hype and that getting one isn’t going to be worth the effort or the expense....

I mean this is coming from someone who doesn't own any wickd, but I'd definitley try to pick up the bridgd, but the linkd, the ones I've seen on groups are going for 500usd in some places..

The price will drop eventually but I'd definitley say the hype on this will die and it won't get the same following as the bridgd..

And all that money for somthing that you have to wick a certain way otherwise it leaks is a bit steep

I mean this is coming from someone who doesn't own any wickd, but I'd definitley try to pick up the bridgd, but the linkd, the ones I've seen on groups are going for 500usd in some places..

The price will drop eventually but I'd definitley say the hype on this will die and it won't get the same following as the bridgd..

And all that money for somthing that you have to wick a certain way otherwise it leaks is a bit steep

Yes, having to take more cotton to use as bungs seems crazy to me. The chances of a flooded deck are remarkably high for a ‘top end’ product. Not an issue of course with the Snail

I’m with you on the Bridg’d which is not only significantly cheaper but also easier to find at the minute.

I really don’t understand the hype.

It almost looks like you have to ‘bodge’ it in order to get a good vape. I’m not sure that when they designed it, that they had stuffing the wick channels with cotton in mind.

I own a Bridg’d 1.2+. I find it a nightmare to wick. I’ve wicked it EXACTLY the way everyone says to but I get about two boros of nice tasty vape, and then it either leaks or starts dry hitting.

Since getting the MOBB mini, the Bridg’d has sat on the side not gathering dust. I find the MOBB smoother and a more enjoyable vape despite the fact that you can’t put as big of a coil in it.

I’ve seen quite a few of the Link’ds for sale already. I know quite a few are just flippers but some dislike it - I’m interested in it but I won’t be buying one just yet.

I really don’t understand the hype.

It almost looks like you have to ‘bodge’ it in order to get a good vape. I’m not sure that when they designed it, that they had stuffing the wick channels with cotton in mind.

I own a Bridg’d 1.2+. I find it a nightmare to wick. I’ve wicked it EXACTLY the way everyone says to but I get about two boros of nice tasty vape, and then it either leaks or starts dry hitting.

Since getting the MOBB mini, the Bridg’d has sat on the side not gathering dust. I find the MOBB smoother and a more enjoyable vape despite the fact that you can’t put as big of a coil in it.

I’ve seen quite a few of the Link’ds for sale already. I know quite a few are just flippers but some dislike it - I’m interested in it but I won’t be buying one just yet.

That’s exactly what I thought: “surely, they didn’t design it so that you need to bung cotton into the wick channels” so it must be a design flaw. It seems that a flooded deck is inevitable unless it’s done spot on. Hardly what you’d expect from a very expensive product.

Your comments on the 1.2 are very interesting too. As you know if you chose to sell it you’d have a queue of buyers, and they remain seriously hyped. But, feedback on how it actually performs is oddly sparse.

I’m really keen to try the Link’d but having seen the Grimm Green video and the commerce on the thread I’m where you are: not interested in the effort of tracking down and paying for one just yet

That’s exactly what I thought: “surely, they didn’t design it so that you need to bung cotton into the wick channels” so it must be a design flaw. It seems that a flooded deck is inevitable unless it’s done spot on. Hardly what you’d expect from a very expensive product.

Your comments on the 1.2 are very interesting too. As you know if you chose to sell it you’d have a queue of buyers, and they remain seriously hyped. But, feedback on how it actually performs is oddly sparse.

I’m really keen to try the Link’d but having seen the Grimm Green video and the commerce on the thread I’m where you are: not interested in the effort of tracking down and paying for one just yet

Great minds think alike.

I seem to be in a very, VERY small group of people that don’t get on with the Bridg’d.

The problem with BB gear is that the minute you say anything negative or criticise (constructive or otherwise) you get lambasted by fan boys.

I’m sure the Bridg’d is fantastic (when it works I love it) it’s just my experience with it hasn’t been great. I’m curious about the link’d and may well buy one but like you, I’ll wait for a bit. Hopefully Todd will review or perhaps even someone that is a bit more critical; especially when paying that kind of money.

I’m not one of these people that likes to sell stuff for more than what its retail price is. I actually got a MOBB from someone who shares the same mentality and only charged me the original price. I’m trying to swap my Bridg’d for some Kontrl inners on Facebook currently, but I’ve already been bombarded with people willing to pay well over RRP. It just wouldn’t sit right with me charging that much.

Great minds think alike.

I seem to be in a very, VERY small group of people that don’t get on with the Bridg’d.

The problem with BB gear is that the minute you say anything negative or criticise (constructive or otherwise) you get lambasted by fan boys.

I’m sure the Bridg’d is fantastic (when it works I love it) it’s just my experience with it hasn’t been great. I’m curious about the link’d and may well buy one but like you, I’ll wait for a bit. Hopefully Todd will review or perhaps even someone that is a bit more critical; especially when paying that kind of money.

I’m not one of these people that likes to sell stuff for more than what its retail price is. I actually got a MOBB from someone who shares the same mentality and only charged me the original price. I’m trying to swap my Bridg’d for some Kontrl inners on Facebook currently, but I’ve already been bombarded with people willing to pay well over RRP. It just wouldn’t sit right with me charging that much.

Their Facebook group seems to one of those where people just post pictures of their Bridg’d or Link’d but I don’t see much with people discussing their user experience which always makes me wonder.... fair play and all that, but how does it perform etc. You are right that this type of discussion normally gets frowned upon or worse

You could definitely flog your 1.2 for well over RRP, in seconds, and the buyer would then post a picture of it for the group :18:

Hopefully Todd will review or perhaps even someone that is a bit more critical; especially when paying that kind of money.

Sorry that I'm not critical enough for you, if I do get it I'll be sure and throw in some toy throwing, hammer smashing and harsh language just for you ;)

Back
Top Bottom