What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Is this normal (Arching marks)

Will see what others suggest tomorrow, but atm, after extending the 510 pin to the point there is practically no throw on the trigger, its still doing it, so will contact timesvape and see what they say.

Sharp edges on the contact will do it. You could try rounding it off with some sandpaper. Many people use DeoxIT Gold but I haven't tried it myself.

I use my polished SS Dreamer in 18650 mode and have zero battery rattle or arcing.

The delrin sprung battery adjuster should take up any slack, but if you are having to wind out your 510 on the RDA to get rid of rattle (I hope the 510 is adjustable on that RDA, otherwise you will have a loose post) I would suggest that the silver firing pin in the switch is at its limit of travel when making contact, and not making a solid connection when you press the button.

A solution is to unwind the firing pin half a turn or so, to raise it, which will lengthen your button travel but make a more solid connection with the battery when the button is pressed.

You will need to clean the arc marks off those batteries, because they are little raised points, which will cause more arcing.

A pencil eraser, fibre glass pen, scotchbrite or even the green bit on a washing up sponge should do the trick, but be careful not to damage the battery wrap or insulator.

I use my polished SS Dreamer in 18650 mode and have zero battery rattle or arcing.

The delrin sprung battery adjuster should take up any slack, but if you are having to wind out your 510 on the RDA to get rid of rattle (I hope the 510 is adjustable on that RDA, otherwise you will have a loose post) I would suggest that the silver firing pin in the switch is at its limit of travel when making contact, and not making a solid connection when you press the button.

A solution is to unwind the firing pin half a turn or so, to raise it, which will lengthen your button travel but make a more solid connection with the battery when the button is pressed.

You will need to clean the arc marks off those batteries, because they are little raised points, which will cause more arcing.

A pencil eraser, fibre glass pen, scotchbrite or even the green bit on a washing up sponge should do the trick, but be careful not to damage the battery wrap or insulator.

Nice one - I will give that a go! I was thinking winding the firing pin out could mess with the connection.

I`m also going to email timesvape when I get a mo to see there thoughts as i shouldn`t have issues, As you may be able to tell from the photo i bought this to use with 20 & 21700 so it needs to behave in that configuration. As far as im concerned i`ve done everything correctly so a bit miffed its being a pita

@speedfreek67 seems to have sussed your issue, but..
The other wee Q is: did you strip it all down and swab out every last thread when you got the thing?

That is a fuck tonne of arcing tho' so a thorough inspection of the component parts is well in order. You really shouldnae have to be fiddling with the atty 510 pin to get a contact.

@speedfreek67 seems to have sussed your issue, but..
The other wee Q is: did you strip it all down and swab out every last thread when you got the thing?

That is a fuck tonne of arcing tho' so a thorough inspection of the component parts is well in order. You really shouldnae have to be fiddling with the atty 510 pin to get a contact.

Yeah i ran the supplied cloth all over it, as whilst doing my research, had heard about filing possibly still being present. So it was clean as no burrs. I`ve just email both tenacious and timesvape, to see if they can help. Will obvs try extending the firing pin when home, didn`t want to take it out today, as not trusting it now :(

I had similar issue with the dreamer, weak hit and arcing, wound the pin in the switch out half a turn and its perfect now.

Back
Top Bottom