What's new

Is this normal (Arching marks)

Chapperz

Postman
Hey all

Just got my first tube mech as some may have seen from other posts.

I understand it happens (arching), is the below excessive, do i have an issue and other advice appreciated?

These marks appear after each use and i clean them off every cycle, although,they are starting to get more ingrained

20180420_004640.jpg

That's not normal you shouldn't get any arcing on the positive at all and any arcing at any point on the battery is a sign of poor contact...

Also is the mod self adjusting for battery or do you have to adjust it yourself?

Hey guys

The positive is down at the button/switch end as that is where the vent hols are (its the Dreamer SS by timesvape). I`ve unwound the 510 pin just enough so the battery doesn`t rattle and have no marks at the negative end where it touches the 510 (well maybe a slight indent).

@joe clay @Tubbyengineer

Are you on about the bit that you push up and completes the circuit? It has one with lots of dimples and one flat, i was using the flat but just changed it now to see if that fixes it. I`ve also extended the 510 pin out a bit.

It has a self adjusting ring thing too and the switch is on a spring if that helps

Back
Top Bottom