What's new

Is this correct?

Jd_

Achiever
If amps=volts/ohms
And watts=volts*amps
Then watts=volts*(volts/ohms)
?
And how do i turn solving for watts with just volts and ohms to solving for volts with just watts and ohms?

Last edited:
Im just looking for the equation so i can better understand it in my head, i watched the video and confirmed the first question tho

Thank u

Edit: uggh never mind i found it
volts = √ watts * ohms
And it doesnt equal the numbers it shows on my mod, not even close

Grrr, but the calculator is correct, that equation must be wrong even tho that is said to be the equation

Last edited:
upload_2020-7-27_0-10-22.png

Cunt, lol

Multiply my watts and the resistance of my coil and the square root of that number is my volts, that i can understand in my head without needing a calculator

I been using calculators for over two decades to figure out stuff without understanding it, i barely know math anymore

To be honest i havent a clue about ohms law
If i am ever using a mech i am never below .5 ohm and i cross check with steamengine.

If amps=volts/ohms
And watts=volts*amps

Then watts=volts*(volts/ohms)
?
And how do i turn solving for watts with just volts and ohms to solving for volts with just watts and ohms?

Yes

I just use I = V/R (Current equals voltage divided by resistance)

4.20volts divided by 0.10ohm equals 42amps, x by the voltage equals 176.4 watts.

8.40volts divided by 0.40ohm equals 21amps, x by the voltage equals 176.4 watts.

You would/ should know your voltage and coil resistance, I see no reason to further complicate matters?

Spirit of enquiry?

Or in @Jd_ 's case... Inquiry?

:)

Glad I looked it up, always confuses me, the difference between inquiry and enquiry.

The Quick Answer
What is the difference between inquiry and enquiry?

In the US, inquiry and enquiry are interchangeable, but be aware that many will consider enquiry to be a spelling mistake of inquiry.

In the UK, inquiry and enquiry are interchangeable. However, it is becoming preferable to use inquiry to denote an investigation and enquiry to denote a question.

With regard to over complication (or not), I got lost in a confusion of ohms law and watts law when I started rebuilding and made the decision that I=V/R was mostly all I needed to use.

Back
Top Bottom