What's new

How to wick an Exocet - A beginners guide

Nice one, this helped quite a bit as I sit putting the Exocet together at 2.00 am with a couple of large one's in me. No matter what I do, my coils all seem to come out at about 0.67 - 68 ohms.
This time I went down to 2.5mm id clapton 5 wraps, as I couldn't get the 3mm to fit comfortably. I filled it with Prime Vapes Custard Slice, just for a change, so having never tried it before, I can't compare to the Vapeshell.
All I can say is the flavour is superb, the kitchen is fogged out, the wife is going to go radio rental in the morning, because she hates the smell of custard vape, but who gives a shit with two very large house measures in.
Very nice running at 24w, very happy indeed.

Last edited:
Finally got round to trying this today. 2.5 Id simple ni80 @ .9ohms. Bloody lovely! Very warm vape - had to dial down the watts a little. Lovely vape. Nom nom

As long as it helps at least one person [emoji1303]
It helped me buddy, just threw a vandy vape mtl clapton in my exocet that i recieved today. Wicked as per the guide and it seems to be wicking fine. 0.77ohm running at 21w and it seems fine soo far.

Sorry if I've missed it, but where'd you get that integrated drip tip? Looks really nice.

@TartanSpartan post screws not holding coil on SXK Exocet no matter what I do even if I wrap leg around the screw. Any ideas

Do you have an SXK Doggystyle tank lying around? The post screws fit the Exocet perfectly and trap the wires no problem. I have had the same problem with two SXK Exocet until I swapped the screws.

Do you have an SXK Doggystyle tank lying around? The post screws fit the Exocet perfectly and trap the wires no problem. I have had the same problem with two SXK Exocet until I swapped the screws.

I have a few SXK bits but not Doggystyle, great suggestion will dig around. Thanks @Toastie

Back
Top Bottom