What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

How to wick an Exocet - A beginners guide

What sort of build are you guys using in the Exocet ? I am expecting my bb in the next few days and would like some ideas that work well for you

What sort of build are you guys using in the Exocet ? I am expecting my bb in the next few days and would like some ideas that work well for you

One of mine is a mini Clapton from pc coils at 0.86 ohms running at 17.8w
The other is a mini Clapton from Pilgrim Coils at 1.0 ohm running at 14.8w

5 wraps, 2.5mm, 30awg 316L and it’s just under 1Ω. I have it at 12.9Ω.

Sounds ideal to me, I usually use kanthal, 6 wraps 2.5 I.d. At about 1.1 ohm in my hastur mini,
Can I ask which is best way to tighten airflow ? Is the supplied adjuster any good ? I prefer a pretty tight draw and was thinking a condensation plug may help ?

Aye that build should work fine. Fluff the wick a bit, I’ve cut mine at an angle as well to leave some fluffed upwards inside the wick hole and a longer tail hanging out. Hope that makes sense.

I’ve used a bit of stainless steel mesh rolled up to make a reducer for the airhole. It works perfectly, the gap is probably about 1mm

IMG_20190420_140844.jpg
Cheers for sharing this @TartanSpartan.

Just followed it to the letter building the Exocet for first time and it's working a treat so far.

Mine is shorting somehow whenever I try and put the wee clapton wire in it. I’m not sure why, it’s 2.5mm id and doesn’t seem to be anything amiss, screwed securely and plenty of space around it. I’m back on the 28awg and it’s fine.

Back
Top Bottom