What's new

How to achieve a 15w vape

aristorato

Postman
Hi all,
I recently bought a Cthulhu tube semi-mech. Whilst I am super happy with its looks, I am unable to tweak it to my linking.
I normally vape with a 0.5 ss316 fused Clapton, 6 6raps, at about 14 watts, and it's perfect. Sometimes I do the same setup with n80, which comes at around 0.70.

Neither of these two setups really works on my tube, as it gets too hot, as per ohm's law, on a 3.7v battery it goes anywhere between 20/24w.
I then tried to do a simple 26g ka1 coil, and it still is too hot.

Is there a setup that could work with my MTL needs?

I mainly vape on pioneer, so can't really make more than 6 wraps in it

You start from 4.2V, 3.7V is nominal, not max.
Start here
https://www.steam-engine.org/ohm

Then use the setting to see what gives the Wattage you want

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 9.57.24 pm.png

No clue how the seminess of the tube will affect it, but it gives you a starting point for further discussion.

If you want a higher resistance without adding a load of wraps you'll probably need to use a thinner wire. 28awg Kanthal, 2.5mm ID, 6 wraps should get you up to 1ohm or so.

Sure, I could do that, however ka1 28g at 1/1.2 ohm will be rather hot at 15w. But I get the idea.. there's no way to use my preferred coil at 15w.

Sure, I could do that, however ka1 28g at 1/1.2 ohm will be rather hot at 15w. But I get the idea.. there's no way to use my preferred coil at 15w.

You'll get pretty close using Vandy Vape Superfine MTL Fused Clapton Ni80 30*2/38 wire.

2.5 ID, 6 wraps, comes in around 0.7 ohms or so, vapes well on a mech at just under 20 watts on a fully charged cell and falls into your comfort area quickly.

EDITED TO ADD: 28g kanthal 2.5 ID 6 wraps, 1.2 ohms, on a mech it will vape at around 11-12 watts and won't be hot at all.

Last edited:
You'll get pretty close using Vandy Vape Superfine MTL Fused Clapton Ni80 30*2/38 wire.

2.5 ID, 6 wraps, comes in around 0.7 ohms or so, vapes well on a mech at just under 20 watts on a fully charged cell and falls into your comfort area quickly.

Doesn't seem to do the trick for me. I have coilogy fused 2*30/1*40g n80 and at 20w my pioneer is too hot. Might try another atty

Doesn't seem to do the trick for me. I have coilogy fused 2*30/1*40g n80 and at 20w my pioneer is too hot. Might try another atty

Try adding a wrap?

And 28g kanthal, 1.2 ohms will only vape at around 12 watts at 3.7 volts, btw, and should be pretty cool.

.. there's no way to use my preferred coil at 15w.

well yeah, that is the big downside of non-variable wattage... you can't nessesarily use your preferred coil, you need to use a coil that will give you the vape you want.

I use a 0.7 SS coil at 12-14w for MTL vaping, that would be 25w at 4.2v.. which I definitely wouldn't enjoy.

Use a regulated mod.

Edit: and never calculate for a mech using nominal voltage.

Back
Top Bottom