What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

How low do you go with a true 30A battery?

What do you think about this?

Vtc4's have a pulse rating of 100amps for 8seconds and 80amps for 30seconds.

Vaping takes into account the CDR (Continuous Discharge Rate) not the Pulse Rating.

Pulse rating is milliseconds. Since most people vape with the battery discharging for over one second, it's the CDR that matters.

Vaping takes into account the CDR (Continuous Discharge Rate) not the Pulse Rating.

Pulse rating is milliseconds. Since most people vape with the battery discharging for over one second, it's the CDR that matters.

Thank you! That's great to know. That guy and some of the commenters have to be crazy! ;)

Thank you! That's great to know. That guy and some of the commenters have to be crazy! ;)

Many people think because they have pushed their luck once or twice by building well under the safe CDR, they can do it all the time. Bit like playing Russian Roulette, sooner or later, it will bite them in the arse. It seriously annoys me when they say 'Well I've done it and it was fine so everyone else can'... Just no. People get seriously hurt doing that.

Using the right batteries and the right wire, you can get the exact vape you want and still stay well into the safe CDR range of a battery. No need to build stupidly.

vtc4 23amp max to be safe
if u want to go lower ohm get a regulated with a decent chip atleast then you will have the board monitor the batteries for any issues
there are other options but....

:ohboobs:

Last edited:
@bangbang try stainless steel single strand or flat wire At 0.2ohm it heats up faster

mi always go spaced coils

When running mechs, I always make sure I have lots of leeway, paranoid maybe but running Samsung 20s I’ve not built bellow 0.2 in fact preferring more towards 0.3 so it’s still safe with my few remaining 25A batteries.

Maybe over cautious but the vapes good.

When running mechs, I always make sure I have lots of leeway, paranoid maybe but running Samsung 20s I’ve not built bellow 0.2 in fact preferring more towards 0.3 so it’s still safe with my few remaining 25A batteries.

Maybe over cautious but the vapes good.
You'll be super safe at those resistances with 20s, in fact the Molicel P26 will give you a good bit extra runtime whilst still being well within the cells limit.
I was running my 20s at 0.1, aye I know 42a not taking in to account sag etc - I was using that setup 3 or 4 times a day for 3 or 4 lungfuls of CBD but it was on holiday last week and was forced in to using it solely for 4-5 days as the coil went tits up on my usual daily vape! It performed admirably and I was getting 4 or 5 hours out a cell I think--had to keep right on top of charging as I only have two of them (I remember thinking that I'd ideally need four for a full day's use if I could only charge at night.)
But I ordered a 21700 mod today and some 30t's today, planning to run that at 0.13 due to the extra oomph from the 30t and being a wee bit inside the amp limit.

You'll be super safe at those resistances with 20s, in fact the Molicel P26 will give you a good bit extra runtime whilst still being well within the cells limit.
I was running my 20s at 0.1, aye I know 42a not taking in to account sag etc - I was using that setup 3 or 4 times a day for 3 or 4 lungfuls of CBD but it was on holiday last week and was forced in to using it solely for 4-5 days as the coil went tits up on my usual daily vape! It performed admirably and I was getting 4 or 5 hours out a cell I think--had to keep right on top of charging as I only have two of them (I remember thinking that I'd ideally need four for a full day's use if I could only charge at night.)
But I ordered a 21700 mod today and some 30t's today, planning to run that at 0.13 due to the extra oomph from the 30t and being a wee bit inside the amp limit.
Oooh, which 21700 mod did you go for (apologies for slight derailment...)

Back
Top Bottom