What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

How low do you go with a true 30A battery?

No (assuming you are using a mech) 0.14 is the lowest you should go, because

4.2/0.14 = 30

But that assumes you have an accurate ohms reader.

Why do you want to push your battery to the limit, rather than leave a margin of error?

If you want to vape at such a low resistance that it is almost a dead short, why not go dual battery to halve the load, or use a regulated device with protection?

No (assuming you are using a mech) 0.14 is the lowest you should go, because

4.2/0.14 = 30

But that assumes you have an accurate ohms reader.

Why do you want to push your battery to the limit, rather than leave a margin of error?

If you want to vape at such a low resistance that it is almost a dead short, why not go dual battery to halve the load, or use a regulated device with protection?

Thank you! :) Got dual alien coils at 0.12. Haven't dared to run it on my mech yet. Using it on my regulated squonk. Thank you once again. :) Wont go lower than 0.2 on with a mech I think.

0.12? You're mental.
I just built a 0.2 build and was bricking it
I won't say what I'm running my Samsung 20s at then! (true 30a cell) But I've had no issues at all with them, they don't get very warm in use, just above room temperature - they do get rather warm if you run them right down, but I only done that once as a test! I change them over long before they get to that point.
IMG_20181223_022256059~3.jpeg

I won't say what I'm running my Samsung 20s at then! (true 30a cell) But I've had no issues at all with them, they don't get very warm in use, just above room temperature - they do get rather warm if you run them right down, but I only done that once as a test! I change them over long before they get to that point. View attachment 181320
On a 30A I'd be a lot more comfortable :)
I'm running an EXO 20700S 25A, so coming in at max 21A freaked me out a bit :)
I almost put my HG2 in by mistake. That could have been fun.

What's the lowest you've gone down to?

On a 30A I'd be a lot more comfortable :)
I'm running an EXO 20700S 25A, so coming in at max 21A freaked me out a bit :)
I almost put my HG2 in by mistake. That could have been fun.

What's the lowest you've gone down to?
I'm running dual 3mm tri-core fused claptons at 0.1 and it's bang on for me. I'll not go any lower than that though with a single cell, if I wanted to go lower than that I'd use a parallel, but I prefer series over parallel TBH.

I run my wee Runt Tini/Nudge combo with a single coil as above at 0.2 with Samsung 25r, no issues whatsoever and battery life is reasonably good!

Both are set up to suit me and the way I like to vape, I like a hot vape though, so it's not for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom