What's new

Help needed

jj87

Postman
I went to change the button in my BB, and one of the little hex screws have rounded off, can't even get it to grip. Has anyone got any suggestions on how to remove it?

You could try an elastic band. Place it over the screw and then pop the hex in driver and and turn.

If you have a piece of hardened steel that you don't mind wasting (a small allen key for example) that fits inside of the screw, you can add the tiniest drop of Araldite to it and then place in into the screw head. Let it harden before unscrewing.

As mentioned a rubber band works well for me, I had the same problem and it did the trick though I had to stretch the rubber band to be thinner before trying.

You could try an elastic band. Place it over the screw and then pop the hex in driver and and turn.
I've just tried the elastic band trick but all I kept doing is putting the hex through the elastic band! Any tips on how you did it?

I've just tried the elastic band trick but all I kept doing is putting the hex through the elastic band! Any tips on how you did it?
Not tried it on something this small before so maybe not the best option for this. You could try a bit of masking tape or electrical tape just to get a bit more purchase. I know there have been a few posts about this on some of the fb billet groups.

A torx driver might work too. Or you may wind up having to go to an extractor.

Don't know if you've sorted this yet but the flat head screwdriver trick always works best for me with rounded out hex screws. You want one with as head that's virtually the same size as the hole in the rounded hex. Just gently tap the screwdriver head into the rounded hex screw and then just unscrew it.

Ok now I've tried all sorts to remove this hex screw but no luck (thanks for all the tips guys) is there anyone that may have another way to help??

Back
Top Bottom