What's new

Getting a New Billet Box

Great stuff I'm going to order the Exocet V2 from there. Suppose I could order from a vendor in China and get it cheaper but I don't fancy waiting for it to arrive as I'm impatient :18:

Build quality seems fine on the SXK Exocet V2. Have been using it with smallest insert and am getting a tight MTL draw. Flavour is pretty good but nothing exceptional for me.

Build quality seems fine on the SXK Exocet V2. Have been using it with smallest insert and am getting a tight MTL draw. Flavour is pretty good but nothing exceptional for me.

Hi Rew thanks for your update regarding the Exocet V2 :) I still might take a punt at it. I just keep changing my as I really like the Heir bridge I have and can't see anything beating it in my opinion.

Hoping for a steer here chaps (and lasses). I’m really keen to try the Billet Box but at the same time I’m aware of the financial hit of buying one, and that’s before you start investing in RBA’s and so on. It’s a big investment. Having done some research I’m now considering buying the SXK clone on the basis that it gets generally good reviews.

For those of you who have got the genuine mod and who have tried the SXK version what are the main differences in quality and performance (assuming a Vapeshell or similar is used)?

I guess the point I’m making is can I get a BB experience for less money or would your advice be to save up and take the hit of buying the genuine article. As a rule I don’t buy clones and would rather save up for the genuine article. But the BB is in a different league!

As a rule I don’t buy clones and would rather save up for the genuine article. But the BB is in a different league!
This is a personal value for money and ethical judgment, the only voice worth listening to is your own. The only person who can justify the decision and live with it, is you.

I bought a couple of SXK clones before dropping more money on a used authentic. My reasons were not based on ethics or finance though, I wanted to know if I liked the format, hand feel and general usability of the BB.

I bought a couple of SXK clones before dropping more money on a used authentic. My reasons were not based on ethics or finance though, I wanted to know if I liked the format, hand feel and general usability of the BB.

Good points Scrumpbox. This was kind of why I was asking. It is an ethical and finance issue for me. But, if I like it enough to want one I’ll normally go without until I can afford to buy the authentic thing I want. I’m leaning towards doing what you did and trying a clone and if I like it then save up to buy a BB

Good points Scrumpbox. This was kind of why I was asking. It is an ethical and finance issue for me. But, if I like it enough to want one I’ll normally go without until I can afford to buy the authentic thing I want. I’m leaning towards doing what you did and trying a clone and if I like it then save up to buy a BB
This highlights very well why this is such a personal decision for you.

If money was so tight that I had go without in order to save towards something which costs around £300, it would have to be something very necessary and worthwhile. Ethically, given that there are so many other priorities in life, I could not consider any vape gear to be that worthwhile. But, it's your money and your choice.

Worth trying an SXK version first IMO. If you get the DNA60 SXK it will perform the same as an original.

Worth trying an SXK version first IMO. If you get the DNA60 SXK it will perform the same as an original.

Thanks Rew. Much appreciated. I am getting the DNA60 SXK first I think. If I like the vape, feel, setting up etc then I’ll be going full in and get the BB. Thanks again.

So I’ve had my SXK Billet Box for almost a month now. 3 thoughts:

1. The flavour I’m getting off it is astonishing. I’ve got two bridges for it - the haku zeta and the vapesnail. Both perform brilliantly. I swear I’m getting new notes and depth to my Eliquid.
2. However, and this might be me, I find the rewicking a massive pain in the arse. Having to get the bridge in and out of the boro and clean everything and reassemble seems a task that might get old quickly. Its not rewicking a dripper is it?! It’s literally the only reason I can think of for not throwing everything else in the bin and just going balls to the wall BB.
3. As I said above I was thinking about getting an authentic BB. But given the performance of the SXK banger I can’t imagine how it could perform much better. Plus given the ability to accessorise and custom them this could get a seriously expensive new vape hobby.

I’m already eyeing up two more bridges....which while cheaper in the SXK range is still all adding up.

Thanks to all for their advice to date.

Back
Top Bottom