What's new

First real mech

RAPTOREX

Achiever
Took delivery of my first tube mod today. Thanks to @Lee, I'm now the proud owner of a Tauren Max.
First job it to remove the white stuff they've put all over the poor thing. Advice much appreciated.

Took delivery of my first tube mod today. Thanks to @Lee, I'm now the proud owner of a Tauren Max.
First job it to remove the white stuff they've put all over the poor thing. Advice much appreciated.
I quite like the look of it from Lee's photo! Looks a substantial coating, some sort of paint stripper and polish it afterwards? @John R will know the best option I reckon.

Funnily enough I was boiling another mech last night to take the clearcoat off, came out lovely again, LOL

I'd agree with @stevoknevo , paint stripper. Not tried this but intend getting some to try on an RDA topcap I want to take the black paint off...

https://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsense-paint-varnish-stripper-500ml/17091
As I always try to with nasty gear, I was looking up its contents. when this popped up.
I think the radiator, in question, was painted with hammerite/smoothrite. But even so.
2B7F7AA2-7EDA-4B79-8706-6E97E0B88C5A.jpeg

I quite like the look of it from Lee's photo! Looks a substantial coating, some sort of paint stripper and polish it afterwards? @John R will know the best option I reckon.
I guess it were black. It's just being so white. I half expect C3PO to pop out from behind it.

Back
Top Bottom