What's new

First Mech

windomearle

Postman
Evening all. Just got my first tube mech today. Good, but a little underwhelmed. Got a 0.22 brochrome build in it (7 wraps, 3mm dual parallel). Should be delivering 70 W odd with fres batteries, but feels more like 55 or so. It is a cloned mod but was expecting a harder hit. Cleaned the firing pin and threads.

Love the form factor though, the main reason I wanted one.

Any comments or advice from the mech heads out there?

It's an Able clone from knuckleheads

I have the SS edition Able clone and it hits pretty well imo. Does yours have a copper firing pin?

If you've cleaned the threads and the firing pin, are you making sure the top-cap is screwed down so that there is no wobble in it? When I first got mine and put the battery in and then screwed down the top cap (battery always goes in from the top before screwing down the top-cap onto to it to take up battery rattle) when I only made contact with the battery the top-cap had some play in it - you need to nip it by turning it another millimetre or so so it feels solid, being careful not to squash your battery of course.

What battery are you using?

Thanks for reply. Yes, it's a copper pin. Have used LG HB6 and VCT5A batteries. The pin looks a bit wobbly, not always making full contact methinks. Getting better with adjustments to throw of switch and seems to go better if you press the swich off-centre. Mod is brass with black coating. Top cap is in pretty solid and no battery rattle.

Attachments

• 15179499190181533387299.jpg
    15179499190181533387299.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
You should only need to unlock the switch using 3 half turns to get past the minimum travel needed to fire it.

Have you checked the build on regulated so actually check the wattage of the kind of the vape you are getting on the mech? Your batteries are good, but remember you don't get the battery sag on a regulated mod because the board regulates the voltage applied to the atty. The hardest hitting mechs only give out around 3.9 volts on a fully charged battery, which is already under 70 watts. If your build were actually 0.23 (how accurate is your ohm reader?) and you are getting only a little voltage drop from the mod (say it's putting out 3.8 volts on a fully charged battery), you'll be heading down to around 60 watts.

A parallel build what gauge wire? Could be you have a lot of metal to heat up there [emoji5]

You should only need to unlock the switch using 3 half turns to get past the minimum travel needed to fire it.

Have you checked the build on regulated so actually check the wattage of the kind of the vape you are getting on the mech? Your batteries are good, but remember you don't get the battery sag on a regulated mod because the board regulates the voltage applied to the atty. The hardest hitting mechs only give out around 3.9 volts on a fully charged battery, which is already under 70 watts. If your build were actually 0.23 (how accurate is your ohm reader?) and you are getting only a little voltage drop from the mod (say it's putting out 3.8 volts on a fully charged battery), you'll be heading down to around 60 watts.
Yes, compared it on a reg mod at 70 W. Think it's pretty much there now. Tightened the top cap a bit more as you advised. Was a bit wary as first time using a hybrid mech. Coil has settled in at 0.24 and def seems more consistent hit now.

The LG doesn't last long lol
Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom