What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Faulty Billet Box

LordOdin

Veteran
Having bought the Bishop Cubed i put a build in it, put it in my BB and different errors have been showing on the screen. I have had Low Res, Low Battery, Too Hot and another that i can remember. Not used it in a while and it has been sealed so don't think it's anything Juice or Condensation Related. Now in a position where i don't know if i should junk it or try and repair it. Don't think it's anything to do with the build i put in the Bishop but i have took the build out and washed it, will try again tomorrow but any help in the mean time would be appreciated.

it might be worth taking it apart to see if liquid has got inside. did you say in your other thread you already have a dna 60 board? maybe your decision has been made for you.

If you have another tank/boro that came with the mod try that. If it works without the warning messages then the Bishop is the problem

If that is the case strip and clean the Bishop thingy just in case there is any machining swarf of tiny offcuts of coil inside. Also check the coil carefully - sometimes clapton coils don't cut clean and there can be a tiny bit of outer wrap remaining. Hard to see at times, but if it is present it will bollox the resistance reading.

What size of coil did you put in it? Could be shorting against the airpin if the coil is too big. Does the base read properly and fire on a regulated mod with the tank off?

Thanks for the replies, stripped and cleaned the Bishop and going to have another go later, i used a 2.5 id Coil and everything seemed ok on my Coilmaster Tab but i didn't try it with the top on. Like i said i don't think it's juice that's got in as it's been sealed. Might put a build in my Vapesnail first and see how that goes.

UPDATE :- I have put a build in my Vape Shell and everything is fine, Like @John R said maybe the Coil was touching the Airflow Pin and maybe shorting, i will know in future. Thanks for the help and advice guys.

Be interesting to see what happens when you pluck up the courage to rebuild the Bishop :D

Be interesting to see what happens when you pluck up the courage to rebuild the Bishop :D

I think i was trying to raise the Coil to much and didn't realise that there isn't a lot of space to do that, i think i will be ok next time. I am quite enjoying the Vape Snail but will probably put a build in the Bishop Tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom