What's new

Exocet MTL Condensation?

Toastie

Achiever
So I've finally got my billet running with the MTL setup I bought it for in the first place.

Lovely vape and throat hit running 20mg salt at 15w on a Coilology MTL Staple.

I have hit one snag, to get the draw and hit I like from the exocet, I have to set the airflow so that it is almost completely closed. This is causing what I believe to be condensation inside the airflow pin, not the usual condensation you get under the boro. This is causing a gurgly, squeeky vape, the same problem that plagued me with a tight draw on the kayfun mini v3.

I have a feeling there's a small chance it might be a wicking thing though, excess juice. I can't rebuild though as I have very little nic salt juice left and don't fancy dumping it. The liquid is watery, but it is darker than my juice, the same stuff that leaches back into your tank when your coil is getting dirty.

Experienced users, what are your thoughts? Wicking problem and therefore avoidable? The tank works and fills with no leaking. I will be experimenting with the wicking once I've vaped through this boro.

I've tried a billet with the comfort bridge and a regular aspire 0.7ohm and it was lovely, so I do have alternatives if the exocet won't work for me, although I'd rather it did. Unfortunately I don't have any kayfun reducers and they seem to be out of stock everywhere.

Sounds like a wicking problem, perhaps too loose in the slots but it can't be far off as it would leak.

Tight draw MTL causes more condensation than DTL, have you tried an MTL condensation plug?

Can't you suck the nic salts back into the bottle?

Sounds like a wicking problem, perhaps too loose in the slots but it can't be far off as it would leak.

Tight draw MTL causes more condensation than DTL, have you tried an MTL condensation plug?

Can't you suck the nic salts back into the bottle?

The condensation, if that is what is causing it, is inside the airflow of the exocet, I don't have much trouble with condensation under the boro so haven't considered a plug at this stage.

I thought about doing that, but couldn't help thinking I'd just squirt the juice back into the boro everytime I squeezy the bottle to create suction? Unless I'm missing something totally obvious.

It's due a dry burn very soon, almost through the juice in the boro too. I'll try different wicking and report back, really hope that is the problem. As it's a lovely vape for my preference if you take that issue away, cleaned with kitchen roll, it'll vape smooth for a little while before it returns.

I thought about doing that, but couldn't help thinking I'd just squirt the juice back into the boro everytime I squeezy the bottle to create suction? Unless I'm missing something totally obvious

Squeeze bottle while upright to expel air.

Turn over and insert into juice then release squeeze to suck it up.

If juice remains, squeeze bottle while upright to....

Squeeze bottle while upright to expel air.

Turn over and insert into juice then release squeeze to suck it up.

If juice remains, squeeze bottle while upright to....

Thanks. Now I feel like an utter twat, hah.

Thanks. Now I feel like an utter twat, hah.

Nah mate, sometimes the mind simply chooses to not process something in a logical way and gets stuck in a loop.

Edit to add: like earlier when I refilled a bottom fill tank, then merrily turned it right way up to screw back it's base - that's a pair of trousers in the wash :18:

Haha.

Well I may have found a possible cause of the problem. I replaced the big o-ring on the deck not long ago, the spares bag only has small orings, looks like they're for the chimney, but I used one anyway, bloody tight fit.

Well tried to separate the base from the metal wall, was stuck solid, when I eventually freed it, the o-ring had snapped in half, so they're not the correct size. I don't know if it snapped at that moment or if it had already been compromised.

No more exocet, I've lent my comfort bridge to a friend until after expo, he's looking to pick up the authentic comfort bridge while there. So my last hope is the subtank mini rba until then, hopefully I can get a decent MTL from it. Any tips let me know, I'll have to use my round wire as can't dry burn the claptons clean on that rba.

So I've finally got my billet running with the MTL setup I bought it for in the first place.

Lovely vape and throat hit running 20mg salt at 15w on a Coilology MTL Staple.

I have hit one snag, to get the draw and hit I like from the exocet, I have to set the airflow so that it is almost completely closed. This is causing what I believe to be condensation inside the airflow pin, not the usual condensation you get under the boro. This is causing a gurgly, squeeky vape, the same problem that plagued me with a tight draw on the kayfun mini v3.

I have a feeling there's a small chance it might be a wicking thing though, excess juice. I can't rebuild though as I have very little nic salt juice left and don't fancy dumping it. The liquid is watery, but it is darker than my juice, the same stuff that leaches back into your tank when your coil is getting dirty.

Experienced users, what are your thoughts? Wicking problem and therefore avoidable? The tank works and fills with no leaking. I will be experimenting with the wicking once I've vaped through this boro.

I've tried a billet with the comfort bridge and a regular aspire 0.7ohm and it was lovely, so I do have alternatives if the exocet won't work for me, although I'd rather it did. Unfortunately I don't have any kayfun reducers and they seem to be out of stock everywhere.
Get a cheap syringe with needle. I use mine all the time to drain the boro if I hit a snag and it saves dumping juice.

You could also try a small piece of mesh rolled up in the airflow hole under the coil to reduce the flow. Works well and will allow you to remove the afc and use a regular plug to help with condensation.

Get a cheap syringe with needle. I use mine all the time to drain the boro if I hit a snag and it saves dumping juice.

You could also try a small piece of mesh rolled up in the airflow hole under the coil to reduce the flow. Works well and will allow you to remove the afc and use a regular plug to help with condensation.

Yep, good advice. Do all this too

Thanks, how high is the risk of the mesh dislodging and shorting out?

I am shocked the exocet doesn't come with a spare deck o-ring. Would it be worth contacting pro vapes as I only bought it recently?

Back
Top Bottom