What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Exocet leak

tincool

Postman
So recently got an SXK billet box and Exocet deck. Stuck in a 2.5mm 1.8ish kanthal build and cotton set up like a few of the build videos out there. Seemed okay for half a tank. The next morning had several toots on it out and about. When I got home went to check levels and it had leaked a significant amount of juice from the Boro tank. It looks like it came from the bottom section. Glass was in good and tight. What could it be? Crappy build? Bottom o-ring? I'm not overly impressed with Exocet. Too air for me. I do like a lose MTL similar to kayfun mini v3.

I ordered the vapeshell so should get that Monday. Am I likely to get leaking with that one too? I hope you can get a tighter draw from it.

So recently got an SXK billet box and Exocet deck. Stuck in a 2.5mm 1.8ish kanthal build and cotton set up like a few of the build videos out there. Seemed okay for half a tank. The next morning had several toots on it out and about. When I got home went to check levels and it had leaked a significant amount of juice from the Boro tank. It looks like it came from the bottom section. Glass was in good and tight. What could it be? Crappy build? Bottom o-ring? I'm not overly impressed with Exocet. Too air for me. I do like a lose MTL similar to kayfun mini v3.

I ordered the vapeshell so should get that Monday. Am I likely to get leaking with that one too? I hope you can get a tighter draw from it.

I don't get any leaking from the Vapeshell. Would say it's more forgiving than the Exocet. The only thing I would recommend is to get the extra MTL reducer kit for a tighter draw.

What's the draw like with the smallest included reducer. I don't like it super tight. If I do need to get MTL specific reducer set where do I order that?

I had the ones from fast tech and due to no O-Rings they came loose and are pretty useless. Some may be ok but personally I’d get the originals

I found the SXK ones fine, but they seem to have disappeared

Thanks all for the info. I'll see how I get on with the smallest included SXK restrictor and go from there.

If you've got any kayfun v5 reducers, they can be expanded slightly to fit snugly inside the largest restrictor included with the vapeshell.

Back
Top Bottom