What's new

Exocet - help urgently needed

I've just filled both of mine up, otherwise I'd find out how to strip it down. Can't you just unscrew the positive 510 screw?

I have a third about to arrive, probably tomorrow, I'll see if I can take that apart

Does 000 on your ohmmeter mean dead short or no connection?
Sometimes when I connect it to ohm reader it does say 0.10 but should be around 1.1ohm? When I first built it it was fine.

So it has to be something shorting

My gut says a bit of metal has got inside

Getting low in one of my BBs, so had a quick look:

I believe you can dismantle the deck further by putting a screwdriver through the bottom air intake holes and twisting the positive pin out. One of my Exocets arrived with the posts slightly misaligned, and I loosened them here, realigned, then retightened...

[Edit]

My spare just arrived. You can dismantle as I suggested above. There's a very narrow tube for the positive pin. It wouldn't need the posts to be off centre by much to make it touch the side.

My suggestion that something got inside doesn't really ring true - there's no real access to the any negative part of the deck...

Last edited:
@domejunky I disassembled it & gave it a clean through, but still kept saying the same? I'll try realigning the posts see if that helps?

Back
Top Bottom