What's new

Exocet - help urgently needed

jj87

Postman
I have got some kayfun 5 airflow reducer to put in my Exocet, to see if it makes a difference, placed the adapter into the atty, put a coil in (now several) but it keeps reading 0ohms , have stripped it down, Re coiled everything o can think of but it keeps happening? Can anyone recommend what to do & where I'm going wrong? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Just pm'd you @domejunky about this [emoji2] I had a successful build in it before I took it apart to put reducer in, tried to build again but was also getting 0ohm without adapter?

Just pm'd you @domejunky about this [emoji2] I had a successful build in it before I took it apart to put reducer in, tried to build again but was also getting 0ohm without adapter?
When you say 'stripped it down' have you dissasembled the whole deck? Wondering if an insulator has shifted...? Stray bit of wire in there?

I just took the screws out, washed it then put it back together, still 0ohms? @domejunky
I wonder if you've pushed a bit of wire or swarf down to make a short - there's not much to them, I'd take it apart...

Post a pic of it dissasembled

Just spent the past hour trying to sort it - still nothing :(

Attachments

• IMAG1386.jpg
    IMAG1386.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 62
Just spent the past hour trying to sort it - still nothing :(
I've just filled both of mine up, otherwise I'd find out how to strip it down. Can't you just unscrew the positive 510 screw?

I have a third about to arrive, probably tomorrow, I'll see if I can take that apart

Does 000 on your ohmmeter mean dead short or no connection?

I'd be tempted to have a root around down in the air path with some tweezers to see if anything was down there...

Back
Top Bottom