What's new

EVL Alien

It's a tremendous device. Watch your wicking...... There are some youtube videos that will help you out.
HOWEVER..... The Pioneer Insider seems to be the one that most are settling upon these day as it is cheaper, yet similar.

Cheers Rob! I'll go for Pioneer...

It's a tremendous device. Watch your wicking...... There are some youtube videos that will help you out.
HOWEVER..... The Pioneer Insider seems to be the one that most are settling upon these day as it is cheaper, yet similar.

I had that with mine added more cotton and now alot better flavour could be better only real gripe glad a I have a mobb mini for that lol

As @Rob said It’s good but it’s hard to look past the pioneer insider especially for the price.

Well my SXK EVL Alien didn't last long. It got stuck in my Cthulhu AIO and could not shift it. Ended up damaging the Alien tank to get it out. Don't think I'll bother getting another.

Well my SXK EVL Alien didn't last long. It got stuck in my Cthulhu AIO and could not shift it. Ended up damaging the Alien tank to get it out. Don't think I'll bother getting another.

that’s a shame. folk were saying it’s a tight fit in some of the discussion about it, apparently to try and limit moisture in BBs.

mine has intermittent connection issues in the supbox but pressing the front of the tank lightly sorts it out. i hope it stays that way as it’s become my favourite attie, i even prefer it over the dvarws.

that’s a shame. folk were saying it’s a tight fit in some of the discussion about it, apparently to try and limit moisture in BBs.

mine has intermittent connection issues in the supbox but pressing the front of the tank lightly sorts it out. i hope it stays that way as it’s become my favourite attie, i even prefer it over the dvarws.

That's high praise from you. Have got the Pioneer Insider on the way. Am hopeful it will work well for me.

I can't for the life of me stop mine from leaking at the seals where the whole thing joins together. I've tried cranking the nut on the top down to get it real tight and also the 510 nut at the top of the billet. Nothing I do works. It's not leaking through the airflow, so I know my build and wicking are ok. I haven't been able to use it since it pissed it's pants all over my BB.
It's the SXK that I have.
Anybody else had these problems or got any tips? Up until the point that it starts leaking it's absolutely fine but I can't use it because of the mess.

I can't for the life of me stop mine from leaking at the seals where the whole thing joins together. I've tried cranking the nut on the top down to get it real tight and also the 510 nut at the top of the billet. Nothing I do works. It's not leaking through the airflow, so I know my build and wicking are ok. I haven't been able to use it since it pissed it's pants all over my BB.
It's the SXK that I have.
Anybody else had these problems or got any tips? Up until the point that it starts leaking it's absolutely fine but I can't use it because of the mess.

mine’s not leaked at all other than one of my first builds where i hadn’t wicked it very well and it flooded and leaked out the air hole. the seal between the tank and base has been fine. did you get spare seals with it? or is it possible it might be the bung?

The biggest head scratcher for me regarding the SXK, which I don't own, is why oh why have they left out the Bottom Seal? Maybe they haven't? But I have never seen it in any promotional pics.
This is the Seal that hold the Condensation Dic and goes at the very bottom of the whole unit.

Sometimes the cloners drop the ball, have these issues been reported in the authentic? I get that it's kinda expensive but in the realm of BB £125 isn't really that much.

Back
Top Bottom