What's new

Dreamer homemade sleeve?

m4inbrain

Postman
Hey,

just a brief question. I recently got a timesvape dreamer and love it so much, that i'm pretty much guaranteed to order a kennedy vindicator soon too.

The dreamer is my first mech, so it's all a bit scary using it - even though i'm extremely careful, there's always the knowledge what a mech mod can do if things go sideways and/or you overlook something. Like a tiny scratch in your battery wrap, which just happened to me. I caught it when it happened, was a slight "hickup" when taking it out of the dreamer, and there's basically a tiny scratch in the wrap, less than a mm and really fine. Patched it for now until new wraps arrive, so all good.

That made me wonder though. Could i take this:

295144a2.jpg

and cut basically the interior of the tube out of it, and just slide it in? I just tested with paper, sizewise even using my 30Ts, there's enough space for a small sleeve (and i use positive down, towards the venting holes, so snug fit wouldn't be a problem either) cut out of some thin plastic sheet?

I understand that the question seems dumb, and i can't think of a problem that could arise that way - but i'm a newbie in regards to mechs, i'd rather make sure before i start fiddling with shit. I of course still will adhere to my own (strict) rules in regards to how i use the mech, this is just thought of as an additional layer of safety, peace of mind.

Yay or nay?

I understand why you'd think this but I wouldn't be blocking it myself, much better to rewrap.

I'm a fan of sleeves. The smok GX350 has individual plastic tube sleeves you slide the 4 batteries into and it works well. Keeping the batteries separate

I understand why you'd think this but I wouldn't be blocking it myself, much better to rewrap.

Blocking? I'm thinking of creating a layer between battery and tube wall, not blocking anything. It's also not mutually exclusive, as i pointed out i am going to rewrap once the wraps arrive - but i caught that scratch only because i realised it when it happened. I would've not seen it otherwise.

To be more clear.

y51LC4R.jpg

9X8gw2v.jpg

Is there any downside/danger to doing this. That's all i want to know. Of course this is just for showing it now, wouldn't make it out of paper if i do it properly.

I don't run batteries positive down in an unlined mech, that's me though.

I don't run batteries positive down in an unlined mech, that's me though.
is there any reason to it mate ?

interested in this sleave idea plastic would b a no but i wonder what could be used

is there any reason to it mate ?

interested in this sleave idea plastic would b a no but i wonder what could be used
If you run your battery positive down with a tare in your wrap or a problem with your switch then your mod would go bang as the switch wouldn't offer any resistance where as positive up your mods only going to autofire in which case you can stop it before it vents [emoji4]

As @mattyk2010 said, it's a hard short V autofire situation. I'd prefer neither but I'd take dealing with autofire before a hard short any time.

Back
Top Bottom