What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Dilly Dallying - Here's where I'm at with products......

The silence speaks volumes looks like I will be using up the Carbon Fibre wrapping my cat. :18:

Anyways, been working on this method, opaque with pattern infill showing, bought a reel of Green and it came out well, coated with very shiny Polyurethane varnish they look a lot better than in the photo's, I will redo them at some point - bad photography on my count.

Thoughts please.

BB-Doors-Green-1.jpg

The silence speaks volumes looks like I will be using up the Carbon Fibre wrapping my cat. :18:

Anyways, been working on this method, opaque with pattern infill showing, bought a reel of Green and it came out well, coated with very shiny Polyurethane varnish they look a lot better than in the photo's, I will redo them at some point - bad photography on my count.

Thoughts please.

View attachment 185394

These look cool Si

I like them green ones Simon i know its early days but any plans for that design in different colours? And can you do matching drip tips and buttons?

I like them green ones Simon i know its early days but any plans for that design in different colours? And can you do matching drip tips and buttons?

At the moment I'm not sure there's enough demand to warrant buying more colours, I took a punt on the green as it goes with most base colours.

Matching buttons & tips are on my todo list but they won't be opaque as they need to be 100% printed so slightly darker green.

I like them, Simon. You might want to redesign the window for the boro though. Maybe make it smaller horizontally to make the attie central to the window.

Also, have you thought about putting a thin bit of transparent plastic behind the windows?

I'd like a set but a little later on in the month. Import customs have robbed my vape budget for the month. I got charged near £85 for something that cost me less than £140 :0

Cheers Stu.

Ouch that's one nasty customs bill! did they at least supply lube before they fucked you?

I made the Boro aperture inline with the screen so you could see the side level of the juice, first version was larger but was asked to reduce it, I will try an offset version but you will only see the centre of the coil which when juice is low it gives a false impression as it is higher against the coil for some reason.

Still going to give it a try though, hopefully still see the side level.

I like the idea of thin plastic windows but that's perhaps something for the future, I'm so much out of pocket on these doors that I'm considering writing it off as a bad idea.
But at least I have a nice selection to modify mine :)

Nope they went in dry.. I suspect sand paper was involved too :D

The window size reduction isn't a must for me but I thought it would look nicer esthetically but that's just my opinion.

If it's still possible I'm planning on purchasing a couple more sets of panels from you later on in the month.. Possibly the green ones and the white ones.

I have a couple of custom design Ideas I'd like to try too if you decide to keep making them. I was thinking of having a few sacred geometry patterns on doors, buttons and inner plates (if you decide to go ahead with designing those too).. It could be something quite beautiful if it went to plan but I understand wastage caused from testing could be a little too high to warrant going ahead.

Thoughts please.

View attachment 185394

Don’t have a BB but they look cool especially on a black bb

I like them, Simon. You might want to redesign the window for the boro though. Maybe make it smaller horizontally to make the attie central to the window.

Also, have you thought about putting a thin bit of transparent plastic behind the windows?

I'd like a set but a little later on in the month. Import customs have robbed my vape budget for the month. I got charged near £85 for something that cost me less than £140 :0

Ouch

Like the opaque green effect. Will order some stuff, but I'm just being really indecisive at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom