What's new

Condensation plug with panel airflow

Pillowcase_face

Initiate
So now I finally have an OG boro tank up and running, it got me thinkin’.

Do any companies or does anyone make a condensation plug that forces air through the BB back panel as opposed to the side airflow slots? I’m assuming someone must as it would mean Delro users can do their thaannngg.

it always seems that there is less noise (and perceived turbulence) when I take the rear panel off and cover up the side slots. I have swapped between side and back airflow using my fingers during draws only to end up looking like the Pied Piper.

Please help me to stop playing the medieval flute.

Cut two small strips of Kitchen roll that are length of Boro Recess, one each side of Back of Boro, Pop Boro back in and see what that does :)

The condensation plugs I make had the opposite problem, it too me ages to block the airflow from the panel side so it's a tight fit as a seal, you could always hack a standard plug by cutting the one side at the bore to direct outwards?

Blocking the side airflow hole should be simple enough.

BB-Cotton-Slot-1mm-MTL v1.png

I’m basically on a mission to make the billet box as smooth as I possibly can.

it just seems that those side airflow channels really do not help the air move smoothly underneath the boro and into the bridge.

I’m willing to bet that a well designed plug will reduce turbulence and actually have the effect of slightly increasing airflow (as it will flow unobstructed).

I don’t really want to bodge it as it won’t make it smooth enough. It’s times like these I wish I had the money to create my own perfect boro device. I’ve sketched up plenty of ideas. Even a 3D printer would do for now.

I’m basically on a mission to make the billet box as smooth as I possibly can.

it just seems that those side airflow channels really do not help the air move smoothly underneath the boro and into the bridge.

I’m willing to bet that a well designed plug will reduce turbulence and actually have the effect of slightly increasing airflow (as it will flow unobstructed).

I don’t really want to bodge it as it won’t make it smooth enough. It’s times like these I wish I had the money to create my own perfect boro device. I’ve sketched up plenty of ideas. Even a 3D printer would do for now.
Are you selling them ? Would like to experiment

Are you selling them ? Would like to experiment

I’m not setting them. Still experimenting. I have found that the airflow becomes less noisy depending on the way the airflow pin is designed on whatever bridge/RBA is used.

The MOBB mini has 4 holes as opposed to two slots like the Bridg’d 1.2, in the air flow pins and is far smoother.

I’m looking to get a desktop CNC machine in order to start milling panels/boro designs/inners etc.

That word again "turbulence" :S

Best device I have come across in the vaping context HAS to be The Convergent RDA's airflow Inserts? They make, or made 4 different versions. 14 hole (7 per side) 10 hole (5 per side) 2 Hole (1 per Side and a Blank so that you could make your own variation.
The Fluid Mods "Convergent" RDA was certainly the quietest I have ever come across, even when used at pretty high wattage. The only time I ever encountered any noise was using the 2 hole at above 50 Watts.
My problem is that I don't really understand what different people define as Turbulence ? Certainly something I don't "seem" to encounter. Maybe because I am such a Low Powered Vaper generally.

I thought I was going mad at first but it is definitely there (for me at least). Turbulence probably isn’t the correct term.

I fly so turbulence to me is getting battered in a crappy Cessna over a hot field or higher up in a turbo prop when flying through an inversion/cloud.

I would absolutely love to model a billet box and its bridge/airflow pin in a flow program. Just to see how different boros and panel cut outs affect the results.

I’m not setting them. Still experimenting. I have found that the airflow becomes less noisy depending on the way the airflow pin is designed on whatever bridge/RBA is used.

The MOBB mini has 4 holes as opposed to two slots like the Bridg’d 1.2, in the air flow pins and is far smoother.

I’m looking to get a desktop CNC machine in order to start milling panels/boro designs/inners etc.
Nice , well make sure you let us know, I bit more customisation is always welcomed , especially now that I'm fresh to this BB stuff , it seems that everything is on FB , and me being against social media , been left out [emoji23]

Back
Top Bottom