What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Coil Advice for little mech squonker

Smokeandsteam

Achiever
Guys, I’ve just ordered a tiny 3D printed mech squonk box. Single 18650 battery.

I’d be interested in thoughts on the best coil and wire to use. Initial research seems to indicate the popularity of SS roundwire builds coming out at 0.2 or thereabouts. Any other views or advice? I normally vape Ni80 aliens by the way.

I have to say these little boxes are well cool. Handmade and pretty unique

I use ni80 in my mech squonker. I Build to 0.2 or thereabouts but I enjoy quite a hot/rowdy vape. Simple coils- flat wire or a single core flapton were good to avoid ramp up time.

As above. Stealthvape Brochrome 24awg, single coil, 5 wraps, 3mm ID around 0.32 ohm. Job's a good 'un [emoji1303]

I like SS316 for use on regulated mods, but find that because the ohms increase with SS wires when heated it isn't my favourite for mech builds.

My go to is 3-26/36 Ni80 fused claptons, 3mm i.d. 4 wraps 0.18 or 5 wraps 0.22 ohms.

Thanks bud...it’s a single coil I’ll mainly be running. Not thought about pre-made, what’s the ramp up like?

Very fast ramp up, hit the button and it’s pretty much instant on my Cobras. They’re not too rowdy either, for me, they suit my vaping style. I use 22mm RDAs, such as the Citadel & Taifun BTD.

I use these https://www.mtncoils.com/product-page/alien, original variety, in my 18650 mech squonkers add an extra wrap and they come out around 0.31 ohms single coil. Excellent flavour & last for ages.
I still have a couple of these knocking around somewhere. I love MTN coils. I never thought of using one of these on a single cell mech before as I thought the extra coil mass would negatively affect ramp up. I'll certainly give it a go now though [emoji1303]

Back
Top Bottom