What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Clone Vapesnail vs OG

MiscoDatt

Veteran
Out of sheer curiosity I thought I’d buy an sxk Vapesnail to see how the clone compares to the original.
Here are some photos to compare. Aside from the totally different packaging I am quite literally amazed at the quality of this clone. As yet I am still to try it out but will report once I’ve put in a build.

Clone has larger numbering but is still embossed on the mtl pins.
2826C994-EAF8-4CB6-9DEB-FBC0E0D8FBEC.jpeg

OG on the left. Clone right
F3C850A4-6C19-42DA-A988-2E619AE04DAD.jpeg

OG on left. Clone has more threading and isn’t as smooth. Orings slightly lighter orange.
FED2AB0A-3801-4767-A569-696C47986E4F.jpeg

OG 510 adapter has black insulator and less threads.
28CE3DEB-7B92-4399-B1A7-1CB1DC217786.jpeg

Clone on left. OG right. Insulator is darker on the clone. My OG gasket is darker through use. Machining and laser etching are almost identical. OG is finished better on the edges but I am astounded at how well machined the clone is. Etchings are spot on. If you know atmizoo you’ll know how well machined the screws are. The clones are poor in comparison.
B4A44351-A5CE-4F36-9104-D25F18FECF6A.jpeg

Clone on left again. You can see the machining is very similar.
4BFFBA4B-B48A-4B44-B5E4-A3055BF7D901.jpeg

OG chimney section on the left. Virtually identical. Clone etching is perfect. Atmizoo etching perfect too.
668D2082-A495-4BDE-AA37-3E82CB2107EE.jpeg

Tank bung on left is OG. Discoloured through use. Clone has a hole in the nipple and OG doesn’t. Bing isn’t as well fixed to the tank as the OG.
A6295EBE-19BE-4D80-9EBB-D490C9E33903.jpeg

Tanks are identical. Inner etching is perfect. The only difference is the finish on the corners of the OG is smoother.
728A5BAC-8312-41AC-A9DF-A7B47D6AB929.jpeg

Clone comes with spare orings. Inner chimney section and all the main and mtl pins. The pin adapter tool is machined slightly too large rendering it useless however.
270091F2-0929-49B3-ADAE-9022AB490C64.jpeg

Still yet to use this but, as stated, I am amazed at the quality of this clone. Unless you’ve seen and felt an OG it would be hard to tell the difference especially when buying second hand on line.

sadly the clone doesn’t come with the silicone condensation plug but you can use the spare that comes with the OG if you have one or get a spares pack from atmizoo.

scary job on this.
Will give it a try later.

great comparison there, especially considering the clone is somewhere at a quarter of the originals price?
if the clone was half as much again it'd probably bang on the original then in terms of quality, now they need to just design some original stuff

Cracking job there @MiscoDatt i wasn’t to bothered about one on release as I was thinking it’s just a slightly better vapeshell, but then the hype hit and everyone started saying how good it is, couldn’t ignore that without getting it a go, so was thinking of picking up an OG one when the next batch is released but this has convinced me to get a clone, where did you buy yours from ?

Thanks for the comparison Matt. Looks very promising. Awaiting your thoughts on performance.

Cracking job there @MiscoDatt i wasn’t to bothered about one on release as I was thinking it’s just a slightly better vapeshell, but then the hype hit and everyone started saying how good it is, couldn’t ignore that without getting it a go, so was thinking of picking up an OG one when the next batch is released but this has convinced me to get a clone, where did you buy yours from ?

You can get it from Provapes if you don't want the hassle of China.

You can get it from Provapes if you don't want the hassle of China.
Damm right, I don’t want the hassle of China :8:
I know it’s not always hassle from China, but it’s definitely hit or miss, especially in the current climate, I’d rather pay the little bit extra and avoid the possible long wait...

Damm right, I don’t want the hassle of China :8:
I know it’s not always hassle from China, but it’s definitely hit or miss, especially in the current climate, I’d rather pay the little bit extra and avoid the possible long wait...
The wait has been almost a solid month yes it is shyte

I think mine took around a fortnight.

Have to say I’m really impressed with it, bit dubious when I first had it thought it was just a fancy vapeshell and I’ve never got on with that but it’s really really good!!

Popped a build in and fired it up. Works fine as expected. The only noticeable difference when building are the screws. They tend to grip a Clapton and drag it whilst tightening.

Aside from a few tactile differences and colour of insulators it’s pretty much a 1:1 clone. At £34 from the uk it makes a very tempting offer for a spare or if you can’t stomach the £100+ of the original.

Time will tell if it continues to behave but I can’t see why it wouldn’t unless the quality of the gaskets and seals are off.

Back
Top Bottom