What's new

Cleaning up Brass mech mods without bras so?

Themartintribe

Postman
My house stinks of brasso! And I spent about an hour cleaning up my “new “ purge truck in brass but I still have loads of work to do on it
Any advice would be great

Buy some cape cod polishing cloths they don't stink half as bad as brasso or break out the ketchup [emoji6]

:17: Thank you I’ll get some. Just fed up. Bought this mod. Couldn’t wait to use it but it’s filthy!

:17: Thank you I’ll get some. Just fed up. Bought this mod. Couldn’t wait to use it but it’s filthy!
It's just how it goes with brass and copper sometimes mate I'm sure it will be polished up nice soon enough and you will enjoy your first vape a little more knowing you cleaned it right [emoji6]

It's just how it goes with brass and copper sometimes mate I'm sure it will be polished up nice soon enough and you will enjoy your first vape a little more knowing you cleaned it right [emoji6]
It’s getting there just want to shine it up and clean the switch, threads etc

Take it apart and submerge in tomato/chilli sauce. Wash it off a few hours later with warm water and Fairy Liquid.
Cleans awkward bits effortlessly - afterwards polish up the body to your taste - if needed.

Does this really work? I’ve seen videos about this but I’m dubious lol

Aye, it works! It makes a right mess, but it does shine up brass not too badly...

If you have a shot glass and a bottle of white vinegar, you could strip the switch down and remove all plastic and rubber bits and let the brass soak in the vinegar. Leave it an hour or three and give a wee scrub with a toothbrush to the threads. Will come up a treat. Rinse off with warm water and all is well. Nae chippy smell either after washing!

https://www.evolutionvaping.co.uk/polishing-rig-by-vandy-vape.html - worth having one of these as well, just in case you've no pent quite enough yet!

Aye, it works! It makes a right mess, but it does shine up brass not too badly...

If you have a shot glass and a bottle of white vinegar, you could strip the switch down and remove all plastic and rubber bits and let the brass soak in the vinegar. Leave it an hour or three and give a wee scrub with a toothbrush to the threads. Will come up a treat. Rinse off with warm water and all is well. Nae chippy smell either after washing!

https://www.evolutionvaping.co.uk/polishing-rig-by-vandy-vape.html - worth having one of these as well, just in case you've no pent quite enough yet!
A fellow Scot I see .. well I’m married to a Scot and live in Scotland so I suppose I’m as close as I’m gonna get lol
Thanks for the advice I’ll do that with my switch! Autosol worth a look?
I saw a guy on YouTube with an old atty doing the same thing as the rig.. done in seconds !

Back
Top Bottom