What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Cerakote and BBs

I suspect that ONE of the reasons for the "NO Clones" Policy @Chris K could be down to costs involved?
By the time you have shipped the BB out to Elemental in Lithuania (£9.32), paid for whatever work you are having done, then paid return shipping, that would be the cost of a Brand New SXK as a minimum.

My job will cost approximately £150 by the time it's all over, but to me........... it's more than worth it.
Cheaper to replace a chipped SXK with another as you say & you have spares :2thumbsup:. Gap in the market me thinks. And @Chris K get a leather sleeve from Stu, no more chips & cheap as :D

Oooooh!!!!! News just in.............. Literally right NOW!!!!

Just as I was writing........... These appeared in my Messenger Feed

And..................
"I took out as much of the dings and holes as possible it looks close to new again, also i bagged up your gold screws, green set & grey set incase you want to changed them"

All paid and already to be shipped back!!! :)

Oft that's one rabbit hole, I will avoid, thankfully Im more interested in what goes on inside the BB, changing it's clothes has never appealed to me, I do get it though, each to their own wee BB rabbit hole:)

And..................
"I took out as much of the dings and holes as possible it looks close to new again, also i bagged up your gold screws, green set & grey set incase you want to changed them"

Looks beautiful Rob

And..................

Now THAT is right up my street! Lovely and tasteful.

Thanks for the info on the toughness @SirLugg that’s really good to know :)

And..................

I cant describe in words what i think of thay combo so [emoji7]

I don't have a BB Matt but they cerakote alloy wheels on cars. I know this because I've had a set or two done. And it holds up well - really well in fact.

I'd imagine on a BB or any mod for that matter that you'd probably have to take a hammer to it to mark it. Proper hard wearing.
Fuck the BB, it's just a vape ... but what's the damage on a set of four alloys? Are you having to pay shipping to and from?

I was on the FB page the other day, just after I pulled my original out of my pocket and dropped it.
To say I was gutted is grossly understating the pain I felt when I saw the two chipped corners.
20190831_221616.jpg 20190831_221622.jpg

After a rummage in the wife's nail varnish drawer, I found a decent match so it looks like this now.

20190904_151134.jpg20190904_151141.jpg

I don't think it will sit well with Boots No7 nail polish for long, so cerakote it is likely to be.

:17:

Attachments

• 20190831_221622.jpg
    20190831_221622.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 325
I was on the FB page the other day, just after I pulled my original out of my pocket and dropped it.
To say I was gutted is grossly understating the pain I felt when I saw the two chipped corners.
View attachment 199803 View attachment 199804

After a rummage in the wife's nail varnish drawer, I found a decent match so it looks like this now.

View attachment 199805 View attachment 199806

I don't think it will sit well with Boots No7 nail polish for long, so cerakote it is likely to be.

:17:
Bloody hell thats one helluva drop! I’ve dropped mine on a slate floor and was lucky with just the most minor paint damage. I think I’d have cried if mine looked like that :(

Bloody hell thats one helluva drop! I’ve dropped mine on a slate floor and was lucky with just the most minor paint damage. I think I’d have cried if mine looked like that :(

I was outside Matt, just planning a quick toot before going in to see my grandaughter.
The missus thought it was hilarious, which hurt even more.:mad:

Back
Top Bottom