What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Cerakote and BBs

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
A couple of us, namely @Discomatt @Deaf Vaper and myself started chatting about Cerakote, but that was in the "What did your Postie bring" thread, so I thought I'd start something here. :)

Elemental Cerakote is pretty much the "Go To" person for anything of this nature. I am far from an expert on this and will tag @TartanSpartan in as HE is far better versed in the whole process :)

However, I do own a BB that has had the Cerakote treatment, commissioned by a previous owner. Sadly, I don't know what the original BB colour was, but it now features a "Dessert Sand" Body, with Sniper Grey Inner Plates and looks like this.......

I have my Beater DNA60 Rat Black being given the treatment as I write. That is going to have an "O.D. Green" Body, Sniper Grey Inner Plates and Sniper Grey applied to the G10 Panels.

My first encounter with Elemental was when I fell in love with this set of "Galaxies" Panels which I somehow managed to snag from @TartanSpartan :worship::worship::worship:

My choices are terribly conservative I do admit. Some of the work that Anthony does is just plain Bonkers, well worth a trawl through the fb Group if you are in need of inspiration. :)

Nice @Rob . Is it a closed or open group. May be looking for screws as I made the schoolboy error of ordering a set from Ryan (Rockmodz) but he only does originals not SXK & they don't fit :(.
As an aside if anybody wants a set of gold screws pm me :D free to a good home.

Thanks for starting a new thread @Rob as I will find this very useful. :). Looking forward to seeing how this goes and I’ll have plenty of questions too.

My first is just how tough is this coating. I’m guessing as it has industrial uses that it’s pretty damn tough?

Extremely hardwearing @Discomatt :) I am ashamed to say that I dropped my RPG that always wears the "Galaxies" Panels. Not a mark thankfully on either the BB or the Panels. A couple of Magnets broke in the Panels, but that was quickly and easily rectified by purchasing ....................
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VARIETY-...var=431362280865&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Lightening fast delivery and job done.

The Cerakoted BB shows NO signs of wear in the usual places, i.e. Corners etc. It certainly "feels" very nice in the hand too, with a very slightly more grippy texture.

One point I suppose I should raise however? For reasons best known to Elemental Cerakote, they operate a "NO CLONES" Policy, so I am afraid that means NO SXKs etc. A Very great shame in my opinion as my beloved TMNBB (Green) SXK would really benefit from a refinish :(

One point I suppose I should raise however? For reasons best known to Elemental Cerakote, the operate a "NO CLONES" Policy, so I am afraid that means NO SXKs etc. A Very great shame in my opinion as my beloved TMNBB (Green) SXK would really benefit from a refinish :(

Bugger! Couple of chips on my SXK would have liked to have seen gone.

Oh well.

Thanks for starting a new thread @Rob as I will find this very useful. :). Looking forward to seeing how this goes and I’ll have plenty of questions too.

My first is just how tough is this coating. I’m guessing as it has industrial uses that it’s pretty damn tough?
I don't have a BB Matt but they cerakote alloy wheels on cars. I know this because I've had a set or two done. And it holds up well - really well in fact.

I'd imagine on a BB or any mod for that matter that you'd probably have to take a hammer to it to mark it. Proper hard wearing.

I suspect that ONE of the reasons for the "NO Clones" Policy @Chris K could be down to costs involved?
By the time you have shipped the BB out to Elemental in Lithuania (£9.32), paid for whatever work you are having done, then paid return shipping, that would be the cost of a Brand New SXK as a minimum.

My job will cost approximately £150 by the time it's all over, but to me........... it's more than worth it.

Back
Top Bottom