What's new

Buying a clone mod.

I have a copper nashed admiral and agree it's a bit meh...

I can't put my finger on what I don't like about it. It looks like an old telescope to me, which I assume was the point given BJ Mods' naming scheme for the broadside line. If you described it to me, and the rational behind it, I'd think it was a great idea, but I just don't like the look of it. Horses for courses, though.

You might wanna have a look at the clone of the NATO while it's still kicking around, bit of a tippy b*stard but I still like it.

You might wanna have a look at the clone of the NATO while it's still kicking around, bit of a tippy b*stard but I still like it.

Now, I love the look of that, and the switch idea looks great, but with it being a "tippy bastard" I'm going to steer clear. Need as much help from my equipment at not being a clumsy bastard as possible. Dreading the day I send the Kennedy spilling over.

Yeah, the switch is nice but it's that design that makes it a tall, fallover kid. I accepted that and got the brass one, figuring I'd ruin the copper very quickly, it being comparatively softer as a metal.

Since you have the authentic vindicator, how is it for arcing? Seen mention of the button marking up a little.

Have two authentic Vindicator's and have had no arcing issues with either. They both get fairly heavy use and preform as well as when I first received them. IMO they offer serious bang for your buck when compared with the price of some other mech's out there.

After putting some dielectric on my clone vindicator switch it performs well too. No arcing so far either, I reckon the "reviewer" was wrong or just unlucky.

Back
Top Bottom